• Ram Question/Help

Looking to upgrade my Ram.. My Specs:
    Gigabyte H55M-UD2H Motherboard.
    Intel Corei7-860 LGA 1156 CPU
    Currently running Crucial 4GB Ram Kit.
    2-2GB 240-pin 256MX64 DDR3 PC3-10600 UNBUFF

Greetings! And thanks for the Help!!!!
    -Wolfgang

Speed/freq? How much? For your system I'd look to at least 1600 sticks either 2x4GB or 4x4GB, in either the Ripjaws or Sniper models....Ripjaws X should work fine also

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I was looking into 16GB 4X4GB. Thanks TMan!

Comment

No problem and there's a variety of sets available, could compare some here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...CE&PageSize=20

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks again TMan!
          I also have a old Dell Optiplex G260 In my Daughters room, has 1GB Ram, I guess it can run 2GB. DDR PC2700, or DDR PC 3200 ( Non Ecc).
          Is there a Ripjaw Solution for me? Another Link would help!
          Thanks Again!
          -Wolfgang

Comment

DDR is long before the Ripjaws time. Not sure what you have in there 2700 or 3200, so best guess to add a GB would be a 3200, that way is you have 3200 should be good, if you have 2700, this stick will scale back and run at 2700:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231036

Tman

Comment

It Currently is running 2 512 sticks. Looks like one is a PC2300, and the other a PC 3200.
              Both will be replaced with whatever 1GB sticks you recommend.
              Thanks TMan!

Comment

For 2GB then, take a look at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231039

there's also

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231047

but this set is like $17-18 more and the first should work fine

Tman

Comment

Thanks for all the Help Tman!
                  Have a Great Weekend!

Comment

Will try, same to you, and have a gud 1 !

Tman

Comment

Hey TMan!
                      After looking over the Link you supplied since Thanksgiving day , in Post#4 Quite Frankly, I'm having a hard time choosing from the List. Looking at the first 8 Suggestions at a price point $89>$72.
                      Would any in the first 8 be a better "match" for my Intel Core i7-860 LGA 1156 CPU?
                      Or would any out of the list be Fine?
                      Come on man! I'm shell shocked! Pick one for me!
                      TIA!
                      -Wolfgang

Comment

I'd choose the Ripjaws X 1600/CL9 with your combo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231429

Think these would be the best bet of those in the price range.

Tman

Comment

Thanks TMan!
                          Still pondering choices before I pull the trigger. Computer Tech where I Work offered me some suggestions I wanted to run by you. I Know opinions are like Well, you know the saying! Anyways, he claims I will never use that much Ram, and that 4GB is all I'm ever gonna need.
                          I'm thinking that the lowest I want to go is 8GB, regardless of what he says . So if I go that route, would 4-2Gb Sticks be better in my Computer, Or like he says stick to 2 sticks of 4GB each, he says that will be easier on the motherboard?
                          I will go by your suggestion, and finally place the dang order Tonight!
                          If you agree with the 8GB, please offer suggestion of which ones to get. I might add, that I am not a Gamer, (Well, the Wife likes Farmville) do not overclock, just do basic Computer "Stuff" (Just want a Quick one
                          Sorry for all the Rants on the same Subject!
                          -Wolfgang

Comment

2x4 should be plenty for what you've said, most gaming 4 GB is plenty, but the more you use and learn the more you may want, these days I normally suggest 8GB unless your heavy into photo, video, CAD, GIS, VMs, or even very heavy multi-tasking,,,,,,,in other words 8 will prob be plenty.......and let us know what you decide and how you like the sticks

Tman

Comment

Just ordered these from New Egg:
                              http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231428
                              Thanks TMan!
                              Appreciate all your help!
                              -Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                              X