• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate

Basics:
    ASUS P9X79 WS
    G-Skill F3-17000CL9Q2-32GBZH
    WINDOWS 8 64 Bit

Ok this system ran for about 1/2 year under Windows 7 (default settings) not a single problem. I didn't even pay attention to the memory timing.

Then I updated to Windows 8. Initially under BIOS level 3401. Every 10-20seconds WHEA or IRQ not less... or Memory blue screen errors.

I modified a few BIOS parameters, but the one that stabilized the system was clocking the memory down to 1333. (ridiculous considering that this is 2133 memory).

Recently I updated to BIOS 4202 in the hope I can configure system back to full spec. I can't run the system for more than 120 seconds under Windows 8 with crash to the blue screen.

What the flying fadoodle.

Of course there are about 60+ parameters that could be adjusted (and I tried 10 obvious ones but it probably got worse).

If I just keep the system up in BIOS Configuration screen. it doesn't crash at all (at least not for 12 hours). If I boot into Windows 8 and logon, it is a question of time when the errors occur.

Do I need to buy Kingston Memory . Or is there hope.

Sounds like a bad Win8 install, have you upgrades all the system drivers for the mobo to thae latest versions....On the DRAM should just be enable XMP and select 2133, then try booting into safe mode and see if it runs...also check other device drivers, for your GPU etc and see if they are the latest Win8 versions

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yesterday Evening I went into BIOS and selected optimized defaults and the system didn't crash yet. Win8 Installation works. I don't know what "optimized default" stands for in terms of clock rate and so on. But I will monitor the situation and let you know.

Comment

Just checked BIOS and this is what the OPTIMIZED SETTING LOOKS LIKE:

Ai Overclock : Manual (So not XMP)
        BCLK Freq: 130.000
        CPU Strap AUTO
        ClockGen Full Reset
        Turbo Ratio: By All Cores
        By All Cores: 33
        CPU Clock Gen: AUTO
        Memory Freq: DDR3-2080Mhz
        EPU Power Saving: DISABLED

DRAM Timing 9 11 10 28 2

It seems this did the trick. Is this consistent with expectations?

Comment

There's something a little off I think, but if stable, not enough to worry about

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks,

Definitely not my 1980 IBM PC any longer with the simple four parameter BIOS. It gets harder and harder to stay current.

Comment

Yeah, things have changed just a tad

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X