This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than expected

Thanks again to G Skill for solving my issue and doing/sending more than I asked for. This is what customer service is about, the little things. Customer for Life, A.G.
    CPU AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 4.3
    GPU Sapphire 6850 @ 830/1200
    RAM 8GB Hyper X (4@2048)
    MOBO Gigabyte MA770-UD3 Rev 2.0
    PSU Ultra 750 LSP
    Chassis Lexa S
    HDD 600GB WD Velociraptor
    Inputs Logitech MX518mouse/G15 KB Bamboo Tablet

AMD FX-8150 OctaCore 3.6/4.2
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    ASUS DVD Optical
    4@4096 G Skill RipJaws @ 1866
    Antec DF-85 FullTower
    Ultra X4 1600W PSU
    Logitech G-19 Keyboard
    Corsair H-100 Cpu cooler - Custom mounting Brackets -
    Lamptron Hummer 5 switch bay cover

Comment

The GSkill tech's posts solved my problem and helped me to get my system running smoothly again. I am referring to the issue of running DDR3 1600 with an AMD cpu. The suggestion made by the tech was to run the RAM @ 1333 with 8-8-8-24 timings for those of us who were not comfortable adjusting frequencies and voltages in the BIOS. However, the tech also provided alternative methods for achieving the 1600MHz speed with very easy to follow instructions. The result was a proper DRAM speed, a nice 500MHz overclock, and a STABLE SYSTEM.

Great work!
      Thanks!

Comment

Swear by G.Skill!

I started buying G.Skill RAM about 7 years ago and have used nothing else ever since. From my systems as well as customers upgrades and new builds I've purchased about 416Gb of G.Skill RAM to this point and will continue to do so.
        Having only had 1 RMA issue with them ever it was a real pleasure for a change. After dealing with Asus, ECS and a few other companies (RMAs) I could not believe how quickly I got answers and my RMA situation fixed by the people at G.Skill!!!
        I've also had more than a few offers for my 8Gb Flare RAM too lol. Not letting go of those babies ever! G.Skill has my business and my customers too!

Comment

Staff too concerned with technicalities to actually help anyone, refusal to admit that something had gone wrong somewhere, selling memory that cant reach advertised speeds or timings. Unhappy to say the least.

OCZ have stopped selling their DDR2 and they will be missed.

Comment

There's nothing to admit. It's old technology, there are no bugs. Either you know how to force it to work, or you get as much help as you can to attempt it. You can't say the memory does not operate to spec if it can work as a dual channel kit that it and your CPU was intended for. Not to mention it could easily work in an Intel motherboard with a better memory controller.

We didn't say we wouldn't help, but you did not provide much info, so how can we help with tweaking? All we can do is state facts given the limited information you provided.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by NOMAD8459 View Post
            Staff too concerned with technicalities to actually help anyone, refusal to admit that something had gone wrong somewhere, selling memory that cant reach advertised speeds or timings. Unhappy to say the least.

OCZ have stopped selling their DDR2 and they will be missed.

Comment

Unless one of the DIMMs is defective (can be checked easily with MemTest) there's no doubt in my mind that they work fine, at specification timings and speed. I'd also say GSkill, Tman, and a number of others that help out here always seem to get the problems resolved for members, oft times going the extra mile and doing basic research for members that I often think they could do themselves. It's sad when a whiner does basically no research then complains when he/she mixes old and new technology, demands help, but doesn't provide the needed input that's asked for and if indeed he did look at the ASUS specs he quotes he didn't immediately question ASUS when they say in specs 'only one DIMM per channel' for 1066 (maybe a chipset limitation or BIOS limitation??) yet also advertise that one can run 4 DIMMS of 1066 in their QVL list (which is actually determined by the individual CPU model)

Comment

May I suggest that you have some sort of RMA status application on your website (like every other major vendor around the World) which allows you to:

1. Type in your serial number and validate how much warranty remains
                2. Track an RMA status/progress
                3. Track firmware updates. i.e. have a link here for the latest firmware!

Hope this makes Gskill better!

Comment

Thanks Type r!

We will work on it. Our RMA process is much faster than other companies, we want you to receive the replacements before you think about checking status.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

The best customer support I have ever gotten

Quick, accurate, knowledgeable, and accessible. Tradesman and G-Skill tech are the reason I am a loyal g-skill customer.

Comment

• Thank you, we try, nice to do something you enjoy doing.....and how bout them Ducks in the PAC 12?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• You Rocks!

Comment

• How about honouring an RMA when you know very well that your product is faulty?

I have a 128gb Falcon II that cannot possibly be over two years old, many are reported failing here with the same issue as mine, I updated to 2030 and my drive died, but I have been able to Clean it on 1916 a few times, then it kept dying.
                          Yes, it took me 6 months to get around to RMA, I have kids, I have a family, I don't have a lot of time to mess about taking drives out, but when you know you have a design fault why not get on with it and replace the units instead of denying RMA and annoying the customer.

I'm pretty disgusted with gskill. I've had one SSD replaced faulty, this one denied, and some RAM faulty that I had to replace and haven't found the time to RMA - how come your products are so unreliable?

Comment

• Sure, no problem at all, send a copy of the original invoice along with your RMA request and we will be more than glad to send you a new replacement.

DRAM modules carry a lifetime warranty, so as long as they are not physically damaged and the warranty sticker remains intact, we can have them replaced.

Hardware can become defective for many reasons. It may just be bad luck; on a large scale, our defect rate is very low.

We completely stand by our products, and fully honor them to the best of our ability, but there are certain limitations.

For example, if you purchased a car with 3 year 36,000 mile warranty, and find a problem at 34,000 miles, you need to take it in to the dealer immediately. If you wait til 44,000 miles, 3.5 years, because you were on vacation or didn't have time, the dealer is going to reject service. It is very important to stay on top of these technicalities.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                            X