No announcement yet.

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess i'll just send it back to NewEgg and try another brand. Thanks for the help

Comment

I'd look for for a single 4 stick set, if that helps any

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman,
        I have decided to keep the memory, what I have read doing some searching is that windows xp pro os will not accept the 4G Ram, only will go to around 3.5G. I still don't understand why it is locking up and sometimes restarting when trying to load at the desktop screen. I see on the start-up system check screen at the very beginning the Bios recognizes something like 3.74G. Maybe later I will upgrade to Windows 7 Pro.
        What do you think about me using 3 sticks, which would make it single, instead of a pair at dual?
        I do home video editing of old home movies, most of the time I have to wait for the computer to catch up from what I have did in the program.
        Another question if I may; What are the advantages for disabling "Configure DRAM Timing by SPD"? I have it Enabled and the 2 sticks in Dual seems to perform fine. If I do go into BIO and Disable SPD the readings show 2-3-3-6.

Yhank You

Comment

If you had XP Pro 64bit, it would be able to use all. Could try inching voltages up a little at a time, maybe take DRAM to 2.85 and vCore up 2 increments from where it currently is. Depending on the mobo if you put the sticks in slots 1,2,3 (from CPU) dual channel will still be in effect. On the configure DRAM by SPD, if disabled you should be able to go to each individual timing and make changes (say to 3-3-3-6

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman, First of all a BIGGGG THANKSSSS!!!!

I will try that tomorrow, going to bed early. Went on a field trip with one of my Grandsons, had a wonderful time but I caught a bad cold or something in the process. Going to drink something and hit the sack early. I will do as you suggest and get back to you. I understand about the XP Pro 64 but newegg does not carry it anymore so wells go to 7

Again Thanks

Comment

I'll be in the field in the AM but back around and checking in here in the afternoon

Tman

Comment

Ok I tried many different settings but no luck. When desktop is loading some icons are not there and the system freezes and I have to reset to get out of it with power switch.

Now is it better to run 2 sticks of 1G in dual channel or 3 single 1G's in single channel?

About my motherboard you have to have sticks in A1 and B1 or A2 and B2 or all 4 occupied to be able to Dual channel

Comment

Can try both ways and see what works best for you, I'd guess the 3 GB

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X