Asus P4C800-E Deluxe issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P4C800-E Deluxe issue

I purchased 4 Gigs of memory (2 packs of F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS) to upgrade my system to the max hoping to get a few more years out of it. I have been using 4 sticks of 512 memory that has been working fine. I can install a pair of the GSkill and the system works fine, I can install a third and the system works but at single channel instead of dual, which is to be expected. When I install the 4th the system starts and recognizes the memory at 3711MB on start up screen. When windows boots and you're viewing the desktop, as the icons popup on desktop some of them are scrambled or gone but the title for them is viewable, also the system will freeze and stop loading. The only way I have to get out of this is to shut down or reset with the power button. I have manually set the voltage to 2,65 and then to 2.75 but it still does the same thing. I have also manually set the Dram frequency to 400 MHz, same out come.
    I have a RMA and had even packed and sealed the package to send back to NewEgg but I really would like to get these sticks to work.
    Hopefully someone has ran into this problem with ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboards before and has a solution, I have read that they are real touchy when adding memory but I have not found where somebody has written on how to fix it.
    Anxiously awaiting a solution, but only a few days before I send them back.

Thanks

Do you have the latest BIOS? May need to raise the NB voltage and possibly the CPU's vCore. If you could post your BIOS settings, will take a look, with two sets am guessing the advanced/secondary DRAM timings are off

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get back to answering you

Wish I could take a picture of the Bios. One question please before I try to answer your questions; What is NB voltage? Couldn't find it in the bios.

Bios version is 1023 date of 07-08-2005. The next update available is a Beta Bios- 1024.001 dated 09-23-2005.

-------NAME--------WHAT IT IS SET AT--------OPTIONS------

AI Overclock Tuner-----[Manual] ---options are Manual,Standard,Overclock 5,10,20,or 30%.

CPU External Frequency----200 Mhz ---options are 100 - 400

DRAM Frequency-----400 Mhz ---options are Auto, 400, 320, 266 Mhz

CPU vCore----[Auto] ---optios are 1.6000 to 1.9500 V in .0250 increments

DDR Reference Voltage----2.75V---options are auto, 2.55, 2.65, 2.75, 2.85 V

Performance Mode----[Auto] ---options are auto, standard, Turbo

Advanced Chipset Settings

Configure DRAM Timing by SPD----[Enabled]---options are enabled or disabled

Performance Acceleration Mode----[Enabled]---options are auto or enabled

DRAM Idle Timer----[Auto}---options are auto, 64T, 16T, 8T, 0T, Infinite

DRAM Refresh Rate----[Auto]---options are auto, 15.6uSec, 7.8uSec, 64uSec, 64T

Hope this helps. Oh I have an intel pentium 4 cpu 2800 with hyper-threading

Hope you understand all of this because I sure don't but am willing to learn.

Thanks

P.S. Understand what NB Voltage means after reading the sticky. Now I have to see if I answered your question or I need to look closer at the BIOS??? HUMMM?
      Last edited by 4EverRetired; 03-23-2013, 08:24 PM. Reason: Found the sticky for common terms

Comment

If not NB anything like MCH? or could you just list available voltages, also what becomes available if you set Configure DRAM Timings manually, believe it should provide an obscure list of individual timing like tRC, tRFC, tWWR, etc - if so could you list those

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Cannot find NB or MCH in BIOS

Tradesman thanks for helping me. I'll try and answer your questions;

---------------------------ADVANCED CHIPSET SETTINGS------------------------

If I disable the "Configure DRAM Timing by SPD" the following pops up:
          ---------NAME-------------------Setting--------------------options--------------------------
          DRAM CAS# Latency----------[2.0 clocks]----options are 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 clocks
          DRAM RAS# Precharge--------[4 clocks]------options are 2, 3, 4 clocks
          DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay--[4 clocks]------options are 2, 3, 4 clocks
          DRAM Precharge Delay--------[8 clocks]------options are 5, 6, 7, 8 clocks
          DRAM Burst Length-------------[4 clocks]------options are 4, 8 clocks

ICH delayed transaction--------[Enabled]------options are enable or disable
          MPS Revision---------------------[1.1]-----------options are 1.1 or 1.4

---------------------------Configure System Frequency/Voltage------------------

Only available voltage adjustments that I can find are:
          -----------NAME------------------Setting----------------------options-----------------------
          CPU vCore voltage....----------[Auto]------------options are Auto 1.6000 - 1.9500 Volts in increments of .0250V

DDR Reference Voltage....-----[2.75V]--------options are Auto, 2.55, 2.65, 2.75, or 2.85V
          AGP VDDQ Voltage-------------[1.50V]------options are 1.50, 1.60, 1.70, or 1.80 Volts

As I stated could not find any reference to NB or MCH

To get manual for motherboard go here;
          http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax

Thanks Tradesman

Comment

Will pull it down and see if I can find anything and get back later today, hopefully by noon or so

Tman

Comment

Couldn't find anything there, let's try the timings at 3-3-36 instead of the stock 2.5-3-3-6

Tman

Comment

I don't understand about timings

Tradesman,
                I'm not clear about what you're saying about the timings? Where can I change the timings in Bios? Forgive me but could you please do it step by step. I assume you're referring to the clocks under "configure DRAM Timing by SPD" but which do I change to get 3-3-36?

"let's try the timings at 3-3-36 instead of the stock 2.5-3-3-6"

Comment

They should be in there as

with CAS being the 2.5, change it to a 3

Tman

Comment

If I understand correctly change;

DRAM CAS# Latency change from [2.0] clocks to 3 clocks

DRAM RAS# Precharge change from [4] clocks to 3 clocks

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay change from [4] clocks to 3 clocks

DRAM Precharge Delay change from [8] clocks to 6 clocks

DRAM Burst Length leave the same [4] clocks

note: numbers within brackets [ ] are the settings as shown in BIOS

I am just trying to make sure I change things correctly

Comment

Yep, give that a try

Tman

Comment

OK I gave it a try with 4 sticks of memory in and the same thing happened. went to desktop and some icons were not there and the system hung up. had to use power button to turn off. went to 2 sticks and OK.

I fired up software CPU-Z and in the tap memory it shows gskill memory at 199.9 MHz for Dram Frequency, when I have it set at 400 in BIOS. In the tab SPD it shows max bandwidth as PC3200 (200MHz)
                        In both CPU-Z and Sandra it shows 2.5v instead of the 2.75v that I have it set at in the BIOS.

Wish I knew someone that has had experience with this ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe and setting it up to recognize 4GB of memory.

Any other ideas of what to do or direction to go?

Thank You

Comment

CPU-Z show the true freq - this is DDR - DOUBLE data Rate - so it's freq times 2 for effective

Tman

Comment

OK good to know. Is there any thing else that you can think of that I may need to change to get my MB to accept 4 strips of 1GB GSkill memory?

Comment

Not off hand, keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X