Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix PRO 120gb no longer recognized by the computer

Hello,

My Phoenix Pro 120GB is no longer recognized by my computer.

It started a couple of days ago with Windows7 start up problems now and then. It got progressively worse and now the Phoenix Pro is completely dead.

I have done some trouble shooting already. Initially my computer could see the drive in the bios but then windows would not see it and then the next time I reboted it would work for a few minutes and then freeze up. Now it is completely dead!

I tried G-parted so I could do a secure erase and reflash but since the SSD is no longer recognized I had no luck.

I tried different SATA cables but no luck.

My computer works fine if I use it with a different harddrive.

I also tried the Phoenix Pro SSD on a different computer to see if it would work but it did not.

This unfortunately is all to familiar since I went trough this in December last year. The first drive lasted for little over a year but this one only lasted for 4 months.

I'm starting to loose my confidence in my Phoenix Pro 120gb. Can we replace this one with something but a Phoenix Pro 120GB ???

May check the mobo BIOS and make sure it hasn't lost the drive from the boot section, or the drive type hasn't reset, i.e. if you set the drive up as AHCI and the type reset itself to IDE it won't see it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have tried 4 different SATA hard drives and they are all recognized by my motherboards bios using AHCI. So the BIOS is working.

I spent all day trying to get my computer to work. I have swapped every part in it since I did not want to believe that the SSD could have anything to do with it. Since it had been replaced once before. But that time the computer work flawlessly when I got the replacement back.

As I said I have also tried My Phoenix Pro 120GB in another computer with the same result. That computer does not recognize the SSD in that bios either.

This thing was working just fine until a week ago. Believe me I want this thing to work so badly, I need it for work. I don't have time for an RMA.

Comment

Sorry it didn't help, but had seen what I brought up happen a few times and thought it worth a shot

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X