No announcement yet.

raid isue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i tried it. still didnt work. can see the drives in the bios and can see them before i set up the raid during install. but as soon as i set up the raid cant see them in the install. i also noticed that i cant load to the drive if the raid is off and there is a usb stick plugged in. windows cant determine main drive. is what it says.
    Sager 9262 (laptop)
    Q9650
    Duel Nvidia 8800gtx's sli
    8 gig of ram
    2 64 gig falcons raid 0
    Windows 7

Comment

Spotted this, not sure if it's what you tried slipstreaming, but might help

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=64454

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by jameslee View Post
        well i tried it. still didnt work. can see the drives in the bios and can see them before i set up the raid during install. but as soon as i set up the raid cant see them in the install. i also noticed that i cant load to the drive if the raid is off and there is a usb stick plugged in. windows cant determine main drive. is what it says.
        have you ever use other hd as raid 0 under vista? from your 1st post, i am not sure because you said no driver required?

Comment

we try to install Windows 7 to RAID0 with 2 64GB FALCON SSDs today, and we didn't find any problem
          there is no need to install any driver
          and we'll test to install Vista tomorrow
          thanks

G.S

Comment

already knew about windows 7, it works fine but i have to many prorams that are incompatible. regular hard drives work fine in raid, and require no drivers to use it. yeah tradesman i did that already didnt help.
            Sager 9262 (laptop)
            Q9650
            8 gig of ram
            2 64 gig falcons raid 0
            Windows 7

Comment

humm did you ever try the newest driver from motherboard vendor's website? btw i don't know which mobo you have tho

Comment

the newest driver wont install. the laptop uses p965/g965 intel chipset. i have contacted sager who i bought this laptop from they tested it with the ssd's no driver was needed to set up the raid.
                Sager 9262 (laptop)
                Q9650
                8 gig of ram
                2 64 gig falcons raid 0
                Windows 7

Comment

Originally posted by jameslee View Post
                  the newest driver wont install. the laptop uses p965/g965 intel chipset. i have contacted sager who i bought this laptop from they tested it with the ssd's no driver was needed to set up the raid.
                  it is a laptop with raid!! hummm then might be the firmware issue. they don't have new firmware and drive .. that might be the problem.... i am sorry that we take that long to check this problem. since this is new issue we see

Comment

yeah its a laptop. but it uses a desktop proc and chipset for the the most part. and like i said in an earlier post sager tested with the intel ssd and raid works fine no drivers to install. and on other forums people have used ocz vertex drives with no issues either. that partly what has me stumped. these falcons are almost identicle in that they use the same controller and what not or am i wrong there?
                    Sager 9262 (laptop)
                    Q9650
                    8 gig of ram
                    2 64 gig falcons raid 0
                    Windows 7

Comment

sorry, but we could only test this combination on desktop platform
                      we tried to emulate your configuration, we used 2 Falcon 128GB SSDs to create RAID0 on P965/ICH8R chipset to install Vista
                      but there is no such issue
                      both Windows 7 and Windows Vista are installed well without additional driver

and OCZ vertex series do have the same controller with our Falcon one
                      that's why we feel weird
                      we'll try to find help from the controller manufacturer and we also recommend you to reflect this issue to your laptop manufacturer to see if there is any BIOS update could solve it
                      thanks

G.S

Comment

i called them up and asked them before i posted here. they didnt have any falcons on hand, but did have the intel ssd's. as for the a bios update they sent me there update and it was lower version then the one i had, so i tried it to no avail. im starting to think one of the drives may be bad. is there any way you can email me the firm ware and i will try flashing them with the current firm ware again and see if that helps?
                        Sager 9262 (laptop)
                        Q9650
                        8 gig of ram
                        2 64 gig falcons raid 0
                        Windows 7

Comment

something i seen when putting these in raid and taking them out of it. only one drive can be seen durring install. and its always the same drive. i find this odd because i have had the drives in diff. configurations now and i expected it to be steady with where it is plugged in on the mother board rather then shuffle around. its always the same drive that cant be seen no matter the sata port it is plugged into. could i have a bad drive then?
                          Sager 9262 (laptop)
                          Q9650
                          8 gig of ram
                          2 64 gig falcons raid 0
                          Windows 7

Comment

Hi, I had this problem earlier with my Falcon's, nearly RMA'd the seeming dud. When first set array seemed OK but 1 drive would 'disappear' before installation and 99% of time not reappear after even cold boots or reconnecting. This problem fixed when I upgraded my controllers firmware and removed other drives from the controller an Adaptec 5405. A variant of this problem also occurred on the x58 chipset where after setting to Raid in BIOS and control+I creating a Raid array when installing the drives would appear as single drives -I extended 1 drive with the other, installed and found I did have a RAID array (by speed) albeit 1 that degraded by the hour??

Comment

as far as i can tell there is no firmware update for my raid controller. this is a laptop with desktop parts after all.
                              Sager 9262 (laptop)
                              Q9650
                              8 gig of ram
                              2 64 gig falcons raid 0
                              Windows 7

Comment

Jameslee. i suggest you rma your drive. to me it looks like you have a bad drive there

Comment

Working...
                                X