• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Boot Device Found.

I have used this Drive for about 3 weeks, then Upon atempted boot up, Says:
    "No Boot Device Found"
    Do i Need to RMA it?

Check BIOS to ensure the drive shows up and is in the boot order, or could be corrupt, not reading the boot sector. Might try booting from OS CD/DVD and try a repair

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It does not show up in bios. Its a Fm-25S2S-60GBP2
      Date of Manufacture 2011 Feb
      Thanks for Reply
      do I need to RMA?

Comment

May well have to, but could also try removing the drive, reset the BIOS to defaults and reinstall (preferably with a different SATA cable (to check the cable, and possibly to a different Sata port....that will help ensure it's not the cable or port of the mobo gone south. Gskill may have more info come Monday, I've been away from their SSDs for a long time, just picked up a couple so will be getting back up to speed (I hope) and can help more here.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have 3 of these, 2 I bought back in November, 1 of those failed and I reformated it and got it back to life, this one was bought in Feburary and failed yesterday. I installed the one I bought in November and its fine, telling me it's th SSD. To be honest with You I regret buying these. I would have though they would have had this issue fixed by now with firmware. I have updated all 3 to firmware 4.0 when they released it, and then this one failed. I depend on these laptops when I go out of town. I have to take 2 laptops now in fear of the SSD failing. Kinda like having a fast car but its always failing or fear of failing make is not worth it. I have been reading this forum since I had trouble with the one I purchased in November, so I kinda know what's going on with them. Sorry to be so long, Thanks for Replying.
          Chris
          Last edited by n4fan; 05-01-2011, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Could get a step up and contact RMA dept at rma@gskillusa.com for in the states, they are off weekends, but I believe work through emails first come Monday

Tman

Comment

Hi guys,

Please RMA it, if it can't be recognize by BIOS, I can't do anything.
              I am deeply sorry for saying that.
              ><

Comment

Working...
              X