OS X Phoenix Pro and Firmware update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS X Phoenix Pro and Firmware update

So i read that the 3.2 firmware upgrade requires a format of non-Microsoft Windows disks such as OS X or Linux.

I have the G.Skill Phoenix Pro FM-25S2S-60GBP2 as my main drive in my Macbook Pro. The SSD has 1 HFS+ partition and it is housing OS X. My secondary HDD (instead of the DVD drive) is a WDC WD10TPVT which has my Boot Camp and my data partitions.

The SSD is on 2.1 firmware and was never updated. How do i go on updating the SSD firmware without having to format the SSD? I do plan on going into boot camp and doing the update from there...

Note: I have the Nvidia MCP79 chipset on the motherboard and it is running in AHCI mode according to my System Profiler.

Hi bogdi1988,

OS X partitions and Nvidia chipset will let upgrade tool can't recognize this SSD.
    So the only way you can upgrade your SSD is backup your DATA then follow link step to upgrade.
    I am sorry for making you inconvenience.

Comment

that's messed up

Comment

Sorry guy,

That's why we always research how to use this special upgrade tool for OS X or Linux users.

Comment

no problem thx for the response... i guess i will have to make some time and get this done :P

do i have to make it on a different machine? or can i do it on this one?

Comment

Hi bogdi1988,

thanks for your support.

you don't have to make it on a different machine but please backup your DATA.
            it is the most important thing.

Comment

ok. so i can do it on my machine with nVidia AHCI chipset? can i boot into boot cam and do it from there? or am i forced to use the bootable cd?

Comment

Sorry mate,

I thought you use Macbook pro, nVidia chipset can't recognize Sandforce controller.
                please use Macbook pro

Comment

yes. macbook pro but it has the NVIDIA MCP79 chipset.

Comment

Hi bogdi1988,

Sorry, I didn't test MCP7* series chipset but I have already tested MCP5* and MCP6* series and they can't work.
                    I am not real Apple fans, so I am a little bit confuse, I recommend using other machine.

Sorry

Comment

hmm.. this makes it difficult :-s

i'll see what i can do

Comment

Working...
                      X