Comments on f/w 1916

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine doesn't pause at all.

are you sure that your drive isn't defective?

Have you tried the drive without any other storage means plugged in?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mafia View Post
      Mine doesn't pause at all.

are you sure that your drive isn't defective?

Have you tried the drive without any other storage means plugged in?
      both drives pause...both drives are installed on separate machines.

possibly could be defective but otherwise, the performance has been sterling!

impossible to operate, for me, without the (seagate) storage drive...it is the holder of temp files, internet files and my documents...if the SSD drive cannot work harmoniously with other SATA ll drives, we have all been taken to the CLEANERS!

time will tell if reverting back to f/w 1571 did the trick!

Comment

Originally posted by ace-a-rue View Post
        both drives pause...both drives are installed on separate machines.

possibly could be defective but otherwise, the performance has been sterling!

impossible to operate, for me, without the (seagate) storage drive...it is the holder of temp files, internet files and my documents...if the SSD drive cannot work harmoniously with other SATA ll drives, we have all been taken to the CLEANERS!

time will tell if reverting back to f/w 1571 did the trick!
        I have two Falcon 64GB drives running in Raid0 and have 2 other HD running with no problems at all. One is WD 74GB Raptor and the other is a Hitachi 500GB.

Comment

10 hours so far GOOD!

Comment

F/w 1571 benches

i have no testing results for any other firmware...so far, everything is good; no pauses but the pause in the previous f/w upgrades didn't show up until a few days or weeks after the upgrade occurred.

128 KB FILE SIZE

SHORT RUN

LONG RUN

Comment

ace-a-rue,

It's not, which is why I have stated in the past, any information/feedback posted here is used as critical information to improve our product. My response was simply in regards to people wondering why we do not respond immediately in the forums. Although sometimes we may not have time to respond to each thread, we are looking at each to attain information and user feedback to enhance and resolve any issues. We are not simply leaving you guys to chat and not giving a hoot, if you know what I mean.

We are always looking to improve the drives and reduce issues. Our goal is to have a problem free SSD, but as you know, it's harder said than done. Believe me, we are working our tails for you guys.

Like I said before though, if anyone has any specific issues or questions that are not responded to within a couple days, please feel free to PM or email us direclty and we will be able to assist you.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT
              Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 03-12-2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

very good!...your last sentence says it loud and clear!

Comment

Hdtune 512kb bench

here's my last bench for f/w 1571 using 512kb file transfer....i also did 8mb and it was a tiny bit better.

Comment

Good numbers Ace-a-rue

just to compare here is a coaster ride of my 64 gig with 1819 FW after wiper :

Comment

what file transfer size did you use for that run?

and, did you move the lever (in benchmark settings) to full accuracy?...that is what i did.

Comment

Originally posted by ace-a-rue View Post
                        i returned to f/w 1571 successfully but now, the wiper.exe just freezes my computer.

i have the 128G Falcon drive on Disk 0 and it is partitioned and formatted..every time i execute, it starts like it is going to do its thing then just stalls (freezes).

any suggestions from anyone.

EDIT:...solved it!...i ran the program as administrator...it is now trimming it.
                        I'm thinking of going back to fw 1571 but I've never used wiper. Can I use it from the same disk or do I have run it from another hdd or usb?

Comment

you need to run wiper from another disk with an OS installed if you are using 64 bit OS.

Comment

There is no free ride!

The 1916 is pretty optimised in my opinion.
                            You just cannot get 1571 performance out of 1916. 1916 had GC and there is overhead to this feature. Speed zealots are going to want to run 1571 and that's fine but you will have to manually run wiper.exe to get performance back. With RAID this complicates the issue as you will need to image your array and run wiper.exe on each independent drive. They must be formatted in order for it to run so you're stuck with that THEN restoring your image.

With GC this is no longer necessary. Are you giving up performance? Sure and it's apparent on benchmarks. Will you see / feel it running slower? I seriously doubt it.

Any firmware updates in the future will (most likely) concentrate on fixing bugs and other stuff that may be broken. Increased performance? POSSIBLY but I would not bet on it.

IMHO of course.

Comment

i am not with you on that thinking...i longed abandon Raid 0 (two SSD drives) to a single SSD drive; to many complications with raid 0 with SSD drives.

since i have returned to 1571, so far, no pauses or freezes...of course, i still have a few more weeks before declaring 1571 as the firmware of the YEAR!!!

Comment

Here is my bench with 1819 using 512 KB and slider to full accuracy. Don't know whether to try the 1916 or go back to 1571. Only thing with going back to 1571 is running wiper as I have a 64 bit OS. Got some time off soon so might try 1916 first to see how I get on.

Comment

Working...
                                X