Comments on f/w 1916

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on f/w 1916

i thought we might start a thread to discuss the kinks with 1916.

i have not done any benching but overall, my 128G Falcon drive is fast, in my opinion.

my rub with the Falcon 128G with firmware 1916: it still has a 10-15 second pause, where nothing responds; keyboard or mouse clicking is not available during the pause...i have vista 64 bit ultimate version with Intel i7 920 cpu, EVGA 760 board and 12 gigs of system memory.

i am not interested in slamming GSkill..i am interested in finding out if there is a certain system setup causing a problem like the 10-15 second pause...does AMD cpu boards experiencing this same problem?

do you have a Hard drive connected also ? it might be the one that is going into stand bye and make you wait until it get up to speed.

about slamming GSkill, what type of company would post a new FW upgrade and just vanish into thin air and leave the support to the customers who wish to help others.. this has to be the frikkin worst that i have seen , those Chinese need more holidays after the whole week of Chinese party they just got ? or WTF.. LAME very LAME

Comment

i do have one SATA II Seagate 320G drive as my storage..all the drives plus DVD writer/player are on the ACHI bus.

as far as GSkill, they, at least, are supporting this forum so like minded users of GSkill products can compare, share and get help for selective hardware...in the world of hardware, it is never perfect.

i feel your pain and know you are an unhappy camper, at the moment, but my main objective is to see if we can find a common reason on why this pause or other problems occur with Falcon 1 drives.

maybe GSkill Tech guy can expound on whether GSkill Headquarters even knows about this pause problem.

Comment

I think that if you are not running Windows 7 as your OS you should go back to Firmware 1571.

Other OS may not have built in Trim and need the wiper command run manually.
        Last edited by Michelle68; 03-09-2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

anyone have a copy of 1571?

i'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by ace-a-rue View Post
            anyone have a copy of 1571?

i'll give it a try.
            You can find it here.

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=820

Comment

thank you...

Comment

it appears that firmware 1916 has doubled or tripled the amount of 10-15 second pauses...i am definitely going back to 1571 to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffyj View Post

Great, griffy I was looking for it... it even have an outdated and incomplete/basic PDF guide with it, woot woot

Anyone had problem with downgrading ?

Comment

If anyone needs it send me a email and I will email it to you.

Comment

The forum is simply for discussion and sharing information. If you have any particular questions or issues, please feel free to PM me directly, or shoot us an email, or give us a call.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

your concern is appreciated.

we are discussing and sharing information.

i suggest that you talk to your counterparts to find out why Falcon drive users are experiencing so MANY problems with your SSD drives!

we are here because we want solutions to be in the open....is that too much to ask for?

Comment

Originally posted by Griffyj View Post
                          i returned to f/w 1571 successfully but now, the wiper.exe just freezes my computer.

i have the 128G Falcon drive on Disk 0 and it is partitioned and formatted..every time i execute, it starts like it is going to do its thing then just stalls (freezes).

any suggestions from anyone.

EDIT:...solved it!...i ran the program as administrator...it is now trimming it.
                          Last edited by ace-a-rue; 03-11-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

good ! speed increased ?

Comment

i wasn't into speed persay since these drives were very fast out of the gate...what bugged me were the "pauses" (freezes) for 10-20 seconds...if that disappears, i will be happy!..usually it starts happening after a few days or few weeks...i'll post as soon as it happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X