Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware update under 2 x falcon II in raid 0 as OS drive

Hi,

As title, I have two G Skill Falcon II 64G SSD in raid 0 as my system drive for Windows 7. I have downloaded the latest firmware and try to update to the latest firmware, and the updater just throw me an error when I select G Skill Falcon II 64G as the selection.

Am I using a wrong updater or is there any special procedure for firmware upgrade in raid 0?

I am new with ssd, please be nice

Cheers,
    Tom

there are instructions to How to update the firmware in this SSD forum.
    But seeing that u dont understand let my tell you.

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=2496

You have to break the raid up and flash the drives individually

Comment

Originally posted by macdaddy View Post
      there are instructions to How to update the firmware in this SSD forum.
      But seeing that u dont understand let my tell you.

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=2496

You have to break the raid up and flash the drives individually
      Thanks for your reply.

I did read the post however as I stated, I'm running ssd in raid 0 and it is my os drive, if I have to split it back to 2 that means I cant boot into windows, and so I dont think I can use the firmware updater if I do so.

Is there any other solution?

Comment

You have to flash the firmware in a windows environment. So you have to have a separate HDD with OS on it and attach the falcon to it as like a slave drive so you can flash it. Make sure the jumper is attached to the ssd

Comment

Thanks. It is bad to know I have to install an OS for flashing the firmware

May be I will just stay with the old firmware now, is the firmware upgrade improvement a decent level of performance?

Comment

could you plese direct me to place where you managed to get firmware for Falcon II ? I cant find it anywhere here ,only 1819 version which doesnt let me choose v.2 falcon.
            Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by whiteze View Post
              could you plese direct me to place where you managed to get firmware for Falcon II ? I cant find it anywhere here ,only 1819 version which doesnt let me choose v.2 falcon.
              Thanks in advance
              did you install the firmware upgrade jumper before trying to flash it?

Comment

yes i did ,my SSD is recognized by updater ,but when i open pop-up list only models i can choose from are version 1 ones ,tried them all none works ,at the moment im proud owner of most expensive brick in my life ever...

Comment

what is wrong with it, at the moment?

Comment

few days ago i had power failure and since than disk wont boot and is not seen in bios when connected without jumper on ,read some post that re-flashing firmware may help, i want to try that before starting RMA process as it takes ages.

Comment

a power failure like the "whole" house had a burp?

i presume you use a power surge protector.

Comment

so called "power failure" was my lady...she needed empty socket to plug in mobile phone charger...

Comment

i guess a sudden interruption like that spiked the system or the drive...obviously, these GSkill SSD drives are very sensitive!

Comment

Im just bit confused with technical support from G.Skill, despite they have holidays over there, is not like whole world has stopped for a week...
                            Plus, there is no simple section with downloads, firmwares, software, whatever.
                            Maybe im whining here, but i dont think ill be buying anything from G'Skill in future.

Thanks for your help ace-a-rue.

Comment

don't blame you very much..i think GSkill could be a bit more organized but on the SSD page, in this forum, there are helpful hints plus the latest firmware release.

as to the other, about the chinese holiday, GSkill does have offices and tech support in california...GSkill in china or wherever, is where they write the code for the firmware updates, just like the motherboard makers do for their bios updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X