No announcement yet.

When the firm 1916???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have crossflashed my Falcon 256GB to an OCZ Vertex using 1.1 > 1.3 > 1.4 > 1.5. No erros occured or visible for me. No everything works fine and I'm happy. The flash to 1.1 needs to set the jumper, the other ones don't need this.

Comment

Originally posted by ssduser View Post
      I have crossflashed my Falcon 256GB to an OCZ Vertex using 1.1 > 1.3 > 1.4 > 1.5. No erros occured or visible for me. No everything works fine and I'm happy. The flash to 1.1 needs to set the jumper, the other ones don't need this.

Did you flash with the firmware linked in the above post from Nocturno?

Comment

I really don't get you people... flashing an excellent product with another firmware just because gskill's is taking a bit longer to come out... I wonder why did you buy it in the first place. Really if you want to test the firmware youselfs, go ahead buy another brand, just stop pushing others and creating some pseudo under-performance image os Gskill SSD because of some firmware!
        I7 920 - 12GB GSkill 1600 Mhz - ASUS P6T6 WS Rev. - IBM ServeRAID M - 4x GSkill Falcon 64GB RAID0 - 2x IBM SAS 146GB 15k RAID0- Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB - 2x ATI 5870 CrossX - HAF932

Comment

OCZ uses the same Indilinx controller so flashing really won't harm the Falcon SSD...it will just recognize it as being an OCZ Vertex...as long as the controller is the same the firmware is basically identical...I think most of the people flashing to OCZ are RAID users who really need the Garbage Collection feature

as a single Falcon 1 SSD user myself the wait for firmware is frustrating especially since other manufacturer's release their firmware 6-8 weeks before G.Skill...that being said I do appreciate the fact that G.Skill's FW never has any bugs or issues with them...OCZ always seems to have issues with theirs as I think they use the owners as guinea pigs for testing...then they release beta firmwares and other fixes when they could have just waited and done more internal testing before releasing it to the public

G.Skill is slow as heck but I do appreciate the end result when they do finally release it

Comment

Originally posted by stainboy View Post
            I really don't get you people... flashing an excellent product with another firmware just because gskill's is taking a bit longer to come out... I wonder why did you buy it in the first place. Really if you want to test the firmware youselfs, go ahead buy another brand, just stop pushing others and creating some pseudo under-performance image os Gskill SSD because of some firmware!

We are not saying that its not an excellent product. What we saying is about support. I bought mine when it was released here in Australia. G.skill have to understand that also that alot of people are running their falcons in raid so we do really need GC in the firmware to support these people. Im yet to see Gskill confirm CG in their FW while OCZ can.

Comment

Does flashing to Vertex make a 128GB drive a 120GB drive as well? I have dozens of these things in RAID. I would be losing half a drive's capacity (64GB!) on one array, for example!

Where does the other 8GB go?

Comment

Gskill suport sucks hard...
                Dont know what they are waiting for releasing the last FW as the other brands!

Comment

i agree, we haven't heard anything. this will probably be the last g skill ssd i buy

Comment

I also do appreciate the end result when they do finally release it. I don't want to waste time in testing. I just want to use the product. And I have such excellent results with mine that I almost forget that a new firmware is about to be released...
                    I7 920 - 12GB GSkill 1600 Mhz - ASUS P6T6 WS Rev. - IBM ServeRAID M - 4x GSkill Falcon 64GB RAID0 - 2x IBM SAS 146GB 15k RAID0- Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB - 2x ATI 5870 CrossX - HAF932

Comment

When the rest of the manufacturers come out with another new firmware we might see GSkill post the 1916 firmware if we are lucky.

Comment

i think this is where Gskill is not pro-active ENOUGH!

they should get out in FRONT of the story instead of BE-HINNY! (wink)

Comment

hi,next Week is nothing with FW1916, a email arrived me from G.Skill
                          Mail: "Dear customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
                          Your email was received by G.Skill.
                          Since it's Chinese New Year Holidays from 2/13 to 2/21, your request
                          will be delay for days.
                          Once we finish the holiday, we'll reply your email ASAP.
                          Thanks for your cooperation and have a good day.

Best regards,

Albert Yin
                          FAE
                          G.Skill International

g.Skill Party Poeple YIHA. lol

Comment

yes, the chinese holiday is a BIG one for them...i'll be patient while they celebrate...it is like mardi gras in new orleans or carnival down in RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil.

Comment

Well Chinese new year is OVER and IM STILL WAITING !!!

Comment

I think they're planning for an April 1st release

Comment

Working...
                                X