Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcon "Garbage Collecting" Firmware Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone else pulled their 1711 FW and updates. They were all buggy. Give it some time and wait for the actual final stuff to come out and I am sure they will post it... (Rememebr, NOBODY actually has the 1711 firmware out now)

Comment

Don?t panic Both manufacturers (OCZ and Supertalent) removed the new (beta) firmware from their sites, because there were some problems with data corruption... G.Skill will release new firmware in the future - two pages back G.Skill admin wrote:
      "as we tested, there is still some issue with the unreleased firmware
      so, we'd prefer to anounce a better and more stable version of firmware to improve our SSD products Thanks" :-)

Comment

I bought a Falcon SSD. I won't EVER buy another product from these fools! No customer service at all, they don't even bother supporting their forum. Screw them!

Comment

I'm "quite happy" with my G.Skill Falcon.

Trimming in W7 x64 does not work, but overall performance and what you get for price you payed is awesome. W7 loads in 20 secs and after login 5 secs or so all stuff loaded.

So it still has some flaws, but I'm defenitely interested in buying G.Skill SSD in the future.

Forum support is bad, I agree. They should have 1 guy answering forums all day long.

Even "I'm not sure, sorry, but I try to find out and reply" would be better than this wall of silence

Comment

I'll do my best to get on here, we have been slightly backed up because we have several people on vacation, so it has really crippled us.

Regarding the new firmware, we are not in the race to release firmware as soon as possible simply to make it seem like we are fast. Instead we rather complete thorough testing and fix all bugs before releasing the firmware. Unfixed bugs could equivalate to more issues, false hope, and a useless update.

Please bare with us, we are doing our best to satisfy every single customer. If you need immediate assistance, please feel free to email us or PM me directly.

Thank you for your cooperation
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you very much for the support. Do it great, we have time to wait!

Comment

So this new firmware is going to help us suffers who have a raid 0 setup ? I hope so i recently had to break up the raid and installed each drive with OS just to wipe them. Lost half of my write speed performance so had no choice.

Comment

After reading the latest Anandtech article on SSD's, it doesn't appear that Garbage collection is an ideal solution after all.

I guess we wait for TRIM support in firmware updates and a new purchase of Windows 7.
                  Slow is Steady and Steady is Fast

Comment

is a new TRIM enabled firmware coming anytime soon?...Windows 7 official release date is less then 3 weeks away...cmon G.Skill!!

Comment

Official date yeah, although everyone that's used Vista has probably moved over to Win 7 RC1 (or OEM) already, I know I certainly did before I decided to work more closely on OSX10.6.1 on my PC \o/

The reason I haven't even installed an O.S. on my SSD yet is partly due to this firmware upgrade and a TRIM tool!

Comment

Come on we need this for Raid setups.

Comment

not yet released that famous new firmware since he was 4 months issue. ???

this is no longer the test, it's vaporeware

Comment

GSkill is off this weekend (most weekends), hopefully GS Tech will pop in today and have some insight

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i have a cousin who is running the OCZ vertex with 1.2 firmware and he swear that garbage collection is working on his raid setup. How long do we have to wait for gskill to get this up and working ? In nearly 2 months usage since i last wiped my 64gb falcons windows index was 7.7 drop down to 6.9 !!! Looks like i have to do wipe if this doesn't get sorted.

Comment

OCZ announced on their forum yesterday that they would release the new firmware today. They are releasing 2 versions, 1 with TRIM for single drive users, 1 with GC for RAID users etc. So G.Skill, whats the latest??????

In response to the last guy, your cousin most def does not have auto-GC in the 1.2 firmware. Thats why OCZ and every other manufacturer released Wiper when that firmware was kicking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X