Intel? Solid-State Drive 520 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel? Solid-State Drive 520 Series

I've had this SSD for about 3 weeks i guess. I haven't had any trouble, up until a few days ago. No matter what videos i try to watch (YouTube, WMP, etc), they all seem to start lagging after a few minutes. . I have to move my mouse in order for it to stop, then a few minutes later, it'll do it again. . Is there a fix to this? Other than that, the SSD has not given me any problems at all.
    NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard

AMD FX 8350 8-core Processor @ 4.0Ghz

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

2 x XFX R9270X Radeon Graphics Card (Crossfired)

Things to check would be that it's in AHCI mode (your drives), that you have a SATA III cable, can also try with the drive having write caching on, if all ready on, try it with it off. Check the drivers, if using MS AHCI drivers, try the Intel drivers. Does it have latest firmware? Can try sleep mode and power saving settings off. Sorry for jumping around with ideas, but I haven't had a lotta luck w/ Intel SSDs, so trying to remember what all I've done to straighten them out, RMAed a couple that had similar problems which straightened things out (had to do 1 drive twice), have since stayed away from Intel's SSDs. Sorry not more help than this

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Things to check would be that it's in AHCI mode (your drives), that you have a SATA III cable, can also try with the drive having write caching on, if all ready on, try it with it off. Check the drivers, if using MS AHCI drivers, try the Intel drivers. Does it have latest firmware? Can try sleep mode and power saving settings off. Sorry for jumping around with ideas, but I haven't had a lotta luck w/ Intel SSDs, so trying to remember what all I've done to straighten them out, RMAed a couple that had similar problems which straightened things out (had to do 1 drive twice), have since stayed away from Intel's SSDs. Sorry not more help than this

Drive in AHCI mode - CHECK
      SATA III cables - - - - CHECK
      turned Caching off - - CHECK
      Sleep mode and power saving off - CHECK
      NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

Sorry, that's all I could think of off hand, like I mentioned, don't really work with them, again sorry

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          Sorry, that's all I could think of off hand, like I mentioned, don't really work with them, again sorry
          Tradesman,

I appreciate your help, man. I couldnt figure it out either. I finally got fed up with it and formatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows. Havent had a problem yet. It might have been just a glitch or somethin. Not sure. We'll see if it does it again.

16GB RAM

1100watt PSU

Comment

before these things happened, did you install any driver or program/software? or you can re-update all of the driver again(not only the SSD) also including the latest motherboard BIOS.
            use another video card/onboard video output to check if the issue happen again. (to ensure all your hardware and devices work properly)

Comment

Working...
            X