Latest SW/FW version Layout bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest SW/FW version Layout bug

So with the new firmware update the portuguese layout isn't working anymore.
    I've tried installing the old software, v0.87, and it'll stay the same.

Changing to different layouts with the software and saving them to the device, changing the software to a different UI language, resetting the whole thing to default, nothing worked.
    Tried changing the layout using the windows language and regional settings to something else, delete the portuguese layout and then add it again and that didn't work. The on screen keyboard have the proper layout and all the keys have their expected value. Also using another "basic" keyboard gives the proper results for all keys.

Using the KM780, regardless if the software is installed or not, will change the layout to something that isn't the portuguese one.

Give me a fix for this, manually assigning new keys using the software isn't a solution since the problem isn't with the letters but with the keys for punctuation and other special characters, these keys all have more than one value per key.
    Is there a way to downgrade the firmware?

EDIT:
    So this is the portuguese layout:

And this is what I'm getting:

The keys that are scrambled are in the yellow squares.

EDIT 2:
    Tried using the keyboard with another computer that never had the software or the keyboard installed, tried with and without software, both SW v0.87 and v0.100, and the problem remains.
    It's almost certainly a firmware related bug.
    Last edited by Nitrohell; 05-30-2016, 12:28 PM.

Yes, they broke the layout stuff again. Can we get competent sofware developers_

note: "_" should be an interrogation symbol, but apparently its really hard to do a sofware that support multiple layouts.

edit:
    Give me a fix for this, manually assigning new keys using the software isn't a solution since the problem isn't with the letters but with the keys for punctuation and other special characters, these keys all have more than one value per key.
    You still can do this, you only need to figure out where are the keys that you need, the extra values for key will carry to the new position.

Last edited by Pelozo; 05-30-2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelozo View Post
      Yes, they broke the layout stuff again. Can we get competent sofware developers_

note: "_" should be an interrogation symbol, but apparently its really hard to do a sofware that support multiple layouts.

edit:

You still can do this, you only need to figure out where are the keys that you need, the extra values for key will carry to the new position.

Thanks a lot for the tip.
      Reconfigured the messed up keys and it's working for now.

Still, I hope you come up with a fix for this soon enough. Having your users manually set basic layout keys just so they can make proper use of the product they bought is definitively not a long term solution.

Comment

I hope they bring an hotfix for this issue ASAP.

Comment

Thanks for the tip but this is a joke. I cannot believe they screwed it up even more than previously. To rub salt into the would the (#/~) key on my UK layout *STILL* does not light up when in single color mode, even though I reported it several weeks back.

Comment

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please see the following thread to downgrade the keyboard firmware if you are looking to revert back to software version 0.87.

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...9081#post79081

Comment

Do not need to touch it layout/UI, and everything will be ok. I would place the manufacturer would remove all these options.
              other manufacturers do not have these capabilities, and there is not need to... in Windows put language, and that's all!
              Last edited by jjxaker; 06-01-2016, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjxaker View Post
                Do not need to touch it layout/UI, and everything will be ok. I would place the manufacturer would remove all these options.
                other manufacturers do not have these capabilities, and there is not need to... in Windows put language, and that's all!
                Changing the layout in the software helps because this keyboard comes in different layouts. If they only made it with one layout, say US, then it wouldn't matter but as is if they remove that option the keys shown on the software wouldn't mirror the ones in the keyboard in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitrohell View Post
                  Changing the layout in the software helps because this keyboard comes in different layouts. If they only made it with one layout, say US, then it wouldn't matter but as is if they remove that option the keys shown on the software wouldn't mirror the ones in the keyboard in front of me.
                  Сlearly, I just did not realize the problem until the end. in fact the first time I see such possibilities in the driver... in other keyboards, these features are missing.
                  I generally always use Russian, but the layout is not))) eventually took advantage of laser engraving. i'm himself did everything
                  Last edited by jjxaker; 06-01-2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Another way is to pull the key caps off and swap them around lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadMan3000 View Post
                      Another way is to pull the key caps off and swap them around lol
                      That would work if changing from QWERTY to AZERTY for example, but it wouldn't work for the special character keys.

Comment

New update software version 0.102 has fixed EU language layout key issues. Please download here.

Comment

Working...
                        X