Ripple Mode Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripple Mode Issue

Is there a way to change the background color to something other than red when the effect lighting is set for ripple?

a few of the lighting effect profiles are "stuck" with the default red lighting in between effects.
    very annoying to see a full keyboard of bright red LEDs flash in-between other colored effects
    MSI Z97 KRAIT | i7-4790K 4.6GHz \ Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme | G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3 2400 2x4GB | PCS+ 8GB R9 290X | SSDs: 720GB | HDs: 11TB | beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750w | Anidees AI Crystal | Logitech G600 \ Corsair M95 | G.Skill KM780 RGB (Red) | Corsair Gaming VOID 7.1 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Lenovo IdeaPad G780

Comment

A default background for Ripple is an entire red background. We're working to improve this by allowing users to customize this background color in a future version of the software.

This customization would also include turning off the background color (e.g. setting it to black) in between key activations.

Comment

Do you have a SWAG as to when the update that addresses my issue will happen?

ROG

Comment

We're in the middle of a major code revision to improve our software, so this edit would likely come after these changes.

We can't promise a date at the moment, but we're estimating a possible update addressing your issue to arrive around June. The best we can do is to communicate with our software team to see if this change can be moved up in their schedule.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. I will be looking forward to seeing the re-write!!

ROG

Comment

@Gskill:
              We paid ur keyboard because i want a RBG keyboard with CM storm Mech style, then i believe in Gskill.
              It's price is as same as Corsair K70 ( ~ $25 lower ), but what i received ??? a bull **** driver , right ?
              I think you need contact Corsair or Razer for a little support from their developer. They are doing well in Software.
              Thanks !

Comment

Hi D-chen,

Please understand that software development is always an on-going process, and all products go through this cycle to reach maturity. Not to mention some other brands have been doing this longer than we have, and have a much bigger headstart. Our teams are doing what we can to make this a great product.

If you have any constructive feedback, please do feel free to let us know, and we'll be able to evaluate it as an option and whether or not if it can be added to our development schedule. Thank you for your patience during this time.

Comment

I can understand the users beef though. It seems G.Skill had the hardware and rushed it to market with a less than complete driver/firmware. I do understand G.Skill is not the only manufacturer/software company guilty of this. But it is rather irksome when the only interest is to get a product out the door as fast as possible and use customers as beta testers for a product that 'should' be mostly complete and feature rich at launch.

Comment

We'd all be in a better world where all products are 100% ready when they hit market, but a worse alternative possibility would be a product stuck in development hell and risk becoming vaporware.

In any case, we at G.SKILL are doing what we can to make improvements and take user feedback and add in features that would make this keyboard more useful and adaptable in various environments. Through this, it also does show that the KM780 has quite a bit of adaptability planned into it.

Comment

I keep seeing the same responses about software being in development and to just keep checking your download page. even though i've seen these same responses to posts from October of 2015 and the keyboard still isn't offering what the advertisements claim.

well, hopefully this "news" about software developments is coming from a valid source and not just a statement to placate. and if so, you can get some more information from them about when we may be getting this new software.
                      MSI Z97 KRAIT | i7-4790K 4.6GHz \ Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme | G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3 2400 2x4GB | PCS+ 8GB R9 290X | SSDs: 720GB | HDs: 11TB | beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750w | Anidees AI Crystal | Logitech G600 \ Corsair M95 | G.Skill KM780 RGB (Red) | Corsair Gaming VOID 7.1 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Lenovo IdeaPad G780

Comment

Amazon reviewer here. I noticed the Ripple thing also, a real shame if you ask me. I wanted to know if you guys were able to get me in touch with your developer team so maybe I could custom code my own solution to this, because I'd rather not wait around for your new software to come out.

Comment

Working...
                        X