Software confgiuration problems - G.Skill RIPJAWS KM780MX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Enterprise, English, full installation and it is licensed.

Regards

Trpimir

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
    Would you mind letting us know which Windows version (7/8/8.1/10 Home/Pro/Ultimate) and which language? Also, whether if it's an upgrade (7 to 10, etc.) or a full installation?

We'll have our software team check the settings to see if there's anything we can do to address your issue. Thank you.

Comment

We've passed your case information to our software team, and we'll give you an update as soon as we hear back from them!

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Comment

Hi,

Well it looks like another issue unfortunately pops out regarding volume knob.

When I start PC, G.Gkill application also is started, I allow administrator rights and everything seems OK, but volume knob doesn't work (this start occurring couple of days ago).
        But when I move volume up or down on windows volume control in tray, volume knob on keyboard start working normally.

Do you have any idea regarding this?

Regards

Trpimir

We've passed your case information to our software team, and we'll give you an update as soon as we hear back from them!

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Comment

We'll have our team look at this issue as well on the Windows 10 Enterprise.

The keyboard should automatically sync with the Windows volume on system startup. Something in your system (maybe it's specific to the Enterprise version) is preventing keyboard communication with the system.

May we know if you have an antivirus/antimalware program installed? If so, which version(s)?

Comment

Hi,

I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2016, and I made exception for application exe and installation folder.
            Funny thing is that I didn't change anything on my system and it just stop working couple of days ago.

I really like the keyboard and its premium build quality but it seems that software is unfortunately still work in progress.
            I hope that your team of programmers can resolve those issues/bugs so that software can match build quality of this premium product.

Best regards

Trpimir

We'll have our team look at this issue as well on the Windows 10 Enterprise.

The keyboard should automatically sync with the Windows volume on system startup. Something in your system (maybe it's specific to the Enterprise version) is preventing keyboard communication with the system.

May we know if you have an antivirus/antimalware program installed? If so, which version(s)?

Comment

Hi,

Our team has tested on a fresh installation of Windows 10 N Enterprise, with all Windows Update installed, and we're not replicating any of the issues you've reported. This includes setting UAC to its highest setting, our software can be successfully installed and is capable of automatically starting upon system startup without any UAC messages. We've also tried with an admin account and a standard account.

Our team is checking the antivirus program now.

It seems like this issue is specific to your system settings. Do you have multiple accounts on your system? Does your current account have full admin rights? Also, has local system policy (gpedit.msc) rules or any other software made changes so that it prevents certain applications or devices (specifically, USB devices) from running or communicating with the OS on a system level?

Edit:
              Just in case, may we know your motherboard model and the BIOS version? And is the keyboard plugged into a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port on the back of the motherboard, or through a USB hub?

Thank you.
              Last edited by G.SKILL; 04-13-2016, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Do you have multiple accounts on your system? No
                Does your current account have full admin rights? Yes
                Has local system policy (gpedit.msc) rules any other software made changes? No, local GPO is at default settings, never been modify

Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
                Bios: 2501 (latest)
                Keyboard is pluged in USB 2.0 port on back of the motherboard

Regarding UAC prompt, G,Skill application is not digitally signed and UAC is prompting what is completely normal, so how is this specific to my system? And I don't get it how you can't reproduce that. I will try install your app on my laptop with Win 10 Ent and see how it goes.

Regards

Trpimir

Hi,

Our team has tested on a fresh installation of Windows 10 N Enterprise, with all Windows Update installed, and we're not replicating any of the issues you've reported. This includes setting UAC to its highest setting, our software can be successfully installed and is capable of automatically starting upon system startup without any UAC messages. We've also tried with an admin account and a standard account.

Our team is checking the antivirus program now.

It seems like this issue is specific to your system settings. Do you have multiple accounts on your system? Does your current account have full admin rights? Also, has local system policy (gpedit.msc) rules or any other software made changes so that it prevents certain applications or devices (specifically, USB devices) from running or communicating with the OS on a system level?

Edit:
                Just in case, may we know your motherboard model and the BIOS version? And is the keyboard plugged into a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port on the back of the motherboard, or through a USB hub?

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

I install G.Skill application on my laptop with Win 10 Ent, same thing regarding digital signature and UAC prompt..., so it would be great if new version of software would have digital signature.

Regards

Trpimir

Originally posted by peltierzg View Post
                  Hi,

Do you have multiple accounts on your system? No
                  Does your current account have full admin rights? Yes
                  Has local system policy (gpedit.msc) rules any other software made changes? No, local GPO is at default settings, never been modify

Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
                  Bios: 2501 (latest)
                  Keyboard is pluged in USB 2.0 port on back of the motherboard

Regarding UAC prompt, G,Skill application is not digitally signed and UAC is prompting what is completely normal, so how is this specific to my system? And I don't get it how you can't reproduce that. I will try install your app on my laptop with Win 10 Ent and see how it goes.

Regards

Trpimir
                  Last edited by peltierzg; 04-15-2016, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Hi,

We'll let our keyboard team know about your feedback and improve our software. Thank you for your input!

Comment

Working...
                    X