Trident Z lighting control high CPU usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident Z lighting control high CPU usage

In my system i have a 9900k CPU and 4*8gb gskill tridentZ rgb 3200 on windows 10. The lighting on the ram is being controlled by the tridentZ lighting control app v1.00.08.

So my problem is the software will start using relatively large amounts of CPU processing, around 8% to 15% (of a 9900k). As far as I'm concerned this software sets the colour for 20 rgb LEDs at startup and that's it. So its concerning when the software is consistently utilising high amounts of CPU.

Here's a screen capture of task manager showing the software using more of the CPU than a game i play, warframe.
    https://imgur.com/a/MxUraZs

If I pick up on the usage (usually notice it by the fans stepping up to cool the CPU when the computer should be idling) the software can just be ended and then its fine until the computers restarted. So the fix is simple but at this point it's just annoy and concerning to why its doing this.

So my question for this situation is why is this happening, is there a way to stop it randomly using the CPU or some other workaround for the lighting software.

I've noticed this happening also on occasion with my Neos (4x8GB CL16-19-19 sticks). I only use static color settings because A) I don't like rainbow unicorn RGB, and B) static settings don't use any system resources, or at least shouldn't. I don't know what causes this, but just now I installed iCue for my mouse and admittedly to see if Corsair has improved their software any since I last used it long ago. When I checked task manager, I was surprised to see that iCue wasn't using any CPU but instead GSkill's app was using 7%. I have no idea if iCue triggered something or if Lighting Control was already using that 7% cpu for some other reason.

Edit: I should note that simply closing the app from the system tray and restarting it returns to the normal situation of Lighting Control not using any resources as it sits in the background with my memory using its static settings.
    Last edited by Synner; 12-07-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by curry View Post
      In my system i have a 9900k CPU and 4*8gb gskill tridentZ rgb 3200 on windows 10. The lighting on the ram is being controlled by the tridentZ lighting control app v1.00.08.

So my problem is the software will start using relatively large amounts of CPU processing, around 8% to 15% (of a 9900k). As far as I'm concerned this software sets the colour for 20 rgb LEDs at startup and that's it. So its concerning when the software is consistently utilising high amounts of CPU.

Here's a screen capture of task manager showing the software using more of the CPU than a game i play, warframe.
      https://imgur.com/a/MxUraZs

If I pick up on the usage (usually notice it by the fans stepping up to cool the CPU when the computer should be idling) the software can just be ended and then its fine until the computers restarted. So the fix is simple but at this point it's just annoy and concerning to why its doing this.

So my question for this situation is why is this happening, is there a way to stop it randomly using the CPU or some other workaround for the lighting software.
      Same problem here. 9700k and it's using around the same load.

Comment

Working...
      X