Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Texy,

We'll see what we can find with this as a starting base.

Comment

• Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post

Can you post the settings for the lighting effect you've set? Best if screenshot of the software can be provided.
      Here is the screenshot it also does not work and switches to the normal rgb setting after like one circle.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Yus4ku View Post

Here is the screenshot it also does not work and switches to the normal rgb setting after like one circle.
        The screenshot you provided turns off the LED control within the Trident Z Lighting Control software. (If the "LED OFF" button has a filled circle, it will enable "LED OFF". If it has an empty circle, it will disable "LED OFF".)

So if the memory modules are changing into another lighting effect or to other colors, it's likely that you have another RGB software, such as ASUS Aura, MSI Mystic Light, Gigabyte RGB Fusion, or ASRock PolyChrome, that's running in the background and is controlling the memory module lighting.

Comment

• This is not an issue but rather a feature request. Could Rainbow (and others) allow you pick the colours to be used like how currently static profile allows you too.

Comment

• Just wanted to say thank you for putting up with my stupidity. I totally forgot that i had mystic light still installed. It tried to constantly change the lighting to a rainbow.

Thank you for the help

Greetings

Comment

• Lighting Control not detecting RAM stuck in DRAM with rainbow cycle
              Motherboard: MSi X99A Krait
              Ram: F4-3000C15-8GTZR

I have already tried the clean uninstall with the .bat file and reinstalling lighting control software

Comment

• Brand new computer build clean install of windows and the software won’t recognize my gskill royal ram. Tried everything in the sticky thread no luck. Timings are dead on to profile just get the stock rainbow effect no matter what I try.
                mobo aorus xtreme x570

Comment

• Aorus x570 Elite F31e BIOS + Ryzen 5800x no light control, tried everything in sticky threads. Before the swap I had Aorus Z270X Gaming K5 + i7 7700k, RGB control worked flawless... Please, help.

Comment

• I downloaded the G.SKILL-Trident-Z-Lighting-Control-v1.00.18 software and it has no effect on my RAM's rgb leds.

The left side window says 'DRAM' and not 'SYNC' so it appears it does not recognize my RAM.

I have the F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC kit.

My motherboard is an MSI B550M Mortar running its latest BIOS version, 7C94v14 to support the new Ryzen 9 5950X CPU.

Troubleshooting I tried:
                    Tried various versions of the Lighting Control software and was sure to follow the detailed uninstall/cleaning instructions from this forum between re-installations. Ensured no other 3rd party RGB control software was installed. No traces of ene.sys drivers left before a fresh install of Lighting Control software.

It seems this is a defect in the software, hopefully Gskill sees this and tests out this scenario to provide an update that fixes this issue!

Any other fix ideas welcome!

(Separate thread here)

Comment

• I built a new system but reused my ram.
                      Ryzen 5800x
                      Aorus X570 Master
                      4x8 F4-3200C14D-16GTZR

RGB is just an out sync rainbow mess. Each stick does it's own rainbow cycle out of sync with the stick next to it. I've tried every version listed of G.Skill Lighting Control. None of them detects my ram. As a few others above it just says DRAM and not SYNC like it did (and still works) in my previous system with a 6700k\Z170 board. I currently have the latest BIOS (F31e) but also downgraded to F30 and the problem persists. I've tried RGB Fusion, no luck, I tried Asus Aura, not luck. I've reinstalled Windows twice and followed all the suggestions the sticky threads. For the life of my I cannot change the color of any single one of these ram sticks.

Based on the last few posts there I assume this is a Ryzen 5000 issue. Can anyone from G.Skill acknowledge?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yeroc3103 View Post
                        Based on the last few posts there I assume this is a Ryzen 5000 issue. Can anyone from G.Skill acknowledge?
                        In the G.SKILL support forum at Hardwareluxx, an official said they know about the issue with Ryzen 5000 and are already working on a fix for Trident Z Lighting Control.

It is probably the same with all motherboard manufacturers and their LED suites...
                        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

• I have Trident Z NEO 3600 RAM and when I recently built my PC along with the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F Motherboard everything worked flawlessly. I had set for the RGB on both RAM (white) and Motherboard (red) to match the theme of my build. Every time I put the PC in sleep mode ALL the LEDs would turn off. No settings were changed in the bios or within the corresponding apps for each product. Randomly in the two months prior to the build, one day the bright white LEDs on the RAM stayed illuminated while in sleep. I have exhausted all of my options in trying to figure out a solution for this. I have resulted in having to turn off the LED through the GSKILL app just to not keep me awake at night with how bright the LED shines. I tried dimming the output of the LED and still it illuminates my entire bedroom which is a HUGE distraction. I remember doing a Windows update and ever since then the GSKILL and ASUS programs stop working in correlation to where the LEDs would turn off at sleep. If there is any solutions anyone has found that 100% work without disabling the LED itself PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post them below. I love these two products but something has to be done!

Comment

• This is more of a feature request than an issue. Is it possible for you guys to make the rainbow and other non-static light effect modes allow you to change the brightness of the LEDs as the only brightness of the current non-static modes are way to bright on my eyes and basically makes it so I can't use those effects. Also it would be very nice if we could pick the colors being used in the non-static modes like you can in the static. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
                              In the G.SKILL support forum at Hardwareluxx, an official said they know about the issue with Ryzen 5000 and are already working on a fix for Trident Z Lighting Control.

It is probably the same with all motherboard manufacturers and their LED suites...
                              Confirming on my Ryzen 7 5800X, the RGB Controls stopped working on my Trident Z Neo (3600mhz). Lighting control was working on my previous CPU, which was a Ryzen 9 3900X.

Was there any ETA on a fix for this?

Comment

• So still no update regarding S.skill software not working?
                                I upgraded my CPU to 5800 using latest Gigabyte bios 31F and s.skill software doesnt work at all

Comment

Working...
                                X