Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gskill Lighting Control software not working for Trident Z Neo ram on B550 / Zen 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill Lighting Control software not working for Trident Z Neo ram on B550 / Zen 3

I downloaded the G.SKILL-Trident-Z-Lighting-Control-v1.00.18 software and it has no effect on my RAM's rgb leds.

The left side window says 'DRAM' and not 'SYNC' so it appears it does not recognize my RAM.

I have the F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC kit.

My motherboard is an MSI B550M Mortar running its latest BIOS version, 7C94v14 to support the new Ryzen 9 5950X CPU.

Troubleshooting I tried:
    Tried various versions of the Lighting Control software and was sure to follow the detailed uninstall/cleaning instructions from this forum between re-installations. Ensured no other 3rd party RGB control software was installed. No traces of ene.sys drivers left before a fresh install of Lighting Control software.

It seems this is a defect in the software, hopefully Gskill sees this and tests out this scenario to provide an update that fixes this issue!

Any other fix ideas welcome!

I have the same problem after upgrading from my Ryzen 3950x to 5900X. The problem seems to be associated with Zen 3.

Comment

In the G.SKILL support forum at Hardwareluxx, an official said they know about the issue with Ryzen 5000 and are already working on a fix for Trident Z Lighting Control.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
        In the G.SKILL support forum at Hardwareluxx, an official said they know about the issue with Ryzen 5000 and are already working on a fix for Trident Z Lighting Control.
        Thanks for relaying that info. I'll be eagerly waiting for this. Hope it doesn't take long!

Comment

I just came here to say I'm having the same problem after upgrading from a 3600x to 5800x: losing control of the rams' rgb settings.

Comment

emissary42 - any chance you can dig a little more for a timeline on this one? Tech support (techsupport@gskill) is blaming my motherboard for this issue. It doesn't appear to make sense that the fault would lie with mobo vendors, especially since the latest beta of ASROCK Polychrome actually works with Zen3 and G. Skill RGB RAM lighting. The only reason I would prefer the G. Skill software is for the individual RAM LED customizations that aren't available from mobo lighting control software. Any updates you can provide would be great. Also, if you can locate a beta of this, I don't mind testing it out. Cheers!

Comment

Sorry, I was not able to dig up any more info. Just keep an eye out in the forums and you won't miss the announcement once the update is available.

Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by caustiq View Post
                I downloaded the G.SKILL-Trident-Z-Lighting-Control-v1.00.18 software and it has no effect on my RAM's rgb leds.

The left side window says 'DRAM' and not 'SYNC' so it appears it does not recognize my RAM.

I have the F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC kit.

My motherboard is an MSI B550M Mortar running its latest BIOS version, 7C94v14 to support the new Ryzen 9 5950X CPU.

Troubleshooting I tried:
                Tried various versions of the Lighting Control software and was sure to follow the detailed uninstall/cleaning instructions from this forum between re-installations. Ensured no other 3rd party RGB control software was installed. No traces of ene.sys drivers left before a fresh install of Lighting Control software.

It seems this is a defect in the software, hopefully Gskill sees this and tests out this scenario to provide an update that fixes this issue!

Any other fix ideas welcome!
                For you.. try 1.00.22

Comment

Working...
                X