No announcement yet.

crosshair VIII extreme + 5950x, strange unstability issue with D.O.C.P enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crosshair VIII extreme + 5950x, strange unstability issue with D.O.C.P enabled

Hi,

I have the following setup:
    - ROG Crosshair VIII extreme
    - Ryzen 5950x
    - G.SKill ram F4-3600C16D-64GVK (2 x 32GB)

At "stock" ram speed (1333Mhz), everything works fine, the system is rock solid and I can use it for days without crashing.

When I enable D.O.C.P to get 1800Mhz, the system seems stable (I can run memtest and other stress tools for hours without error), but after 2 or 3 days of uptime, often at idle or when watching youtube videos, the system suddenly becomes unstable : I cannot launch any new task, I even cannot call the task manager, all running tasks becomes unresponsive one after another. Ultimately, all I can do is a forced shutdown/reboot.

I have no WHEA errors in my event viewer.

I tried adding some voltage to the SOC with no success (up to 1.17V). But I'm pretty sure the issue is not related to the SOC voltage because as I said, all stress tests run smoothly.

I tried to disable D.O.C.P and manually set the RAM timings and voltage (up to 1.5V instead of the 1.45V required for DOCP), but no success.
    I also tried to lower the ram frequency to 1600Mhz but the issue remains.

Now I'm lost because I don't even know where my problem comes from. Motherboard ? processor ? RAM ?

Can someone help me on this ?

Thank you.

OK after several weeks of investigations I finally caught the culprit. It was not a hardware problem but a software problem with Asus Armoury Crate. As soon as I use the fan monitoring I got these strange crashes I described.

I have read many forum posts about the exact same crashes with Nzxt Cam but in the end, it's exactly the same with armoury crate. I wonder if the bug could come from the uefi ?

Comment

Do you have the latest version? Updates are frequently released to improve these issues.

Comment

Working...
      X