Water cooling Trident Z Neo DRAM DDR4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water cooling Trident Z Neo DRAM DDR4

Is there any recommended solution to water-cool pairs of Neo DRAM sticks?
    My mobo will have two sticks on each side of the CPU, in alternating slots (i.e., there will be one empty slot between the two full slots).
    I see Alphacool sells D-RAM Modules that look like they fit around each stick using TIM pads, but I suspect they won't fit the Neo packages.
    I also see G.Skill and Corsair sell cooling fan kits, but I would prefer to use water.

Typically water cool kits will cover standard size modules, so you would remove any factory heat spreader. Don't think there is a retail kit specifically for Trident Z series modules.

Comment

Upon further research I've learned it's typically not very useful to actively cool DRAM modules.
      Would it be sufficient to just make sure there is a reasonable amount of airflow directed across the RAM area of the motherboard?
      I'm not planning to overclock the memory itself; just to use the Ryzen's built-in "power boost" option. (I forget its formal name)

Comment

Originally posted by ICPete View Post
        Would it be sufficient to just make sure there is a reasonable amount of airflow directed across the RAM area of the motherboard?
        It is, in most cases for any daily memory overclock as well.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Daily?
          sorry, I can't think of what word you may have intended there...

Comment

Working...
          X