No announcement yet.

F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD + ASUS Rampage II Extreme BIOS Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you test each module to insure none are defective?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

they are brand new, i bought them only a month ago, do u think there might ne a DOA?

Comment

powerlight,

even if you're trying the XMP profile you still need to manually bump the QPI/DRAM Voltage up to at least 1.4875 - 1.5500 in order to get this memory to run on that board at DDR3 2000 speeds.

if you haven't bumped the QPI/DRAM voltage it simply isn't going to work at DDR3 2000 speeds.

you may also need to bump your cpu vcore up a tad over over the stock voltage.
        MSI Big Bang xPower x58
        Intel i7 950
        GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
        Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
        OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
        WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
        WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
        Corsair TX950W
        Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Back to the Basics

In an effort to help streamline the trouble shooting process when using this memory kit with the Asus Rampage II Extreme motherboard, there are some preliminary steps to take EVERY time before assuming there is a problem with the memory.

1. Ensure that you're running the latest BIOS revision released for the board. You can use the CPUz utility for this, it has a simple GUI, it's accurate and best of all it's free, click on the Mainboard tab and look at the BIOS information. Compare this to the latest BIOS release available on Asus' website. If your BIOS is older than the one on Asus' website, download the new version and flash.

2. Make sure that your memory is installed in the correct slots - for a 6Gb kit the memory modules should be installed in the A1/B1/C1 DIMM slots (the blue slots)

3. If you want to run this memory at DDR3 2000 speeds you will probably need something better than the stock Intel cooler, running at DDR3 2000 your cpu and ondie memory controller will be hot - I repeat they will be hot.

4. If you want to run this memory at DDR3 2000 speeds you HAVE TO increase the QPI/DRAM VTT to at least 1.48v or higher to get your system to boot or to get your system stable.

5. In many situations (even keeping the cpu at stock clocks) you will need to bump your cpu vcore.

6. Please add your system specs when asking for assistance and don't forget to list what power supply you are using, make, model and power rating.

7. A template showing all your BIOS settings or photos of your relevant BIOS pages is a big help too.

8. This one should really be at the top of the list - but once you have entered the BIOS settings as recommended by G.Skill, you need to run Memtest 86+ version 4.10 on your memory modules. Don't skimp on the test time. 4-5 hours is good, but a full eight hour run is even better. In most situations an 8 hour run of Memtest should yield about 8 full test sequences.
          Last edited by wevsspot; 09-22-2010, 06:46 AM.
          MSI Big Bang xPower x58
          Intel i7 950
          GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
          Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
          OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
          WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
          WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
          Corsair TX950W
          Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
            http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image.../img6/glowfoto
            [/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]i have already replace the stock cooler to V8 cooler master,
            my system has the latest bios i.e. 1802
            i have posted some images that could help

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              Set the CPu Ratio, also, it may be too much QPi/DRAM Voltage.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH
              I cannot hold lower the value qpi/dram voltage, doesn't make otherwise me the boot

Comment

Pipes, pls start a thread in the DDR3 forum, not really sure what you are saying

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                  Pipes, pls start a thread in the DDR3 forum, not really sure what you are saying

Its not this a thread when we ask help? I've always ask here

Comment

Ok found you on the thread, you are responding to GSkill from a May suggestion? Looks like he was suggesting lowering the QPI/DRAM voltage and manually setting the CPU Ratio....yes/no? What has been going on, has it been stable all this time and is now having problems or what exactly is the problem you are looking for help with?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

chosing memory for gaming and overclocking

should go with lower freq or higher and why ?

like 1600MHz or 1800 0r 2000

i have asus rampage 2 extreme
                      http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...specifications

Comment

Not sure what CPU, which will play into it also, but I always suggest and go with a combination of the highest freq that has the lowest CL as criteria that falls in the budget. Believe the Rampage is rated to 2000 so might look to 1866/8 or 2133/9. Going this way will offer a combination of highest overall performance and higher bandwidth (for memory intensive games/apps) than would say 1600/9 or 1600/8

Tman

Comment

Not sure what CPU, which will play into it also, but I always suggest and go with a combination of the highest freq that has the lowest CL as criteria that falls in the budget. Believe the Rampage is rated to 2000 so might look to 1866/8 or 2133/9. Going this way will offer a combination of highest overall performance and higher bandwidth (for memory intensive games/apps) than would say 1600/9 or 1600/8

Thanks for reply
                          I have cpu I7 920

Comment

I'd prob look to 2133/9 or 1866/8 up to 12-16GB - if looking to max out to 24GB prob 1866/9

Tman

Comment

I'd prob look to 2133/9 or 1866/8 up to 12-16GB - if looking to max out to 24GB prob 1866/9
                              Thanks alot ill order the 1866

24GB
                              Its come 8x3
                              Or 4x6

Comment

only found 1 shop that sell gskill in kuwait

only found 1600mhz 24gb 8gb each (red color make my white case bad )

ok could you help me with OC to any of 3.6 or 3.7 3.8 Please

the first post help with ddr3 2000mhz

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X