No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL + ASUS P9X79 PRO + i7-3930k + 4005 Bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the ASRock mobos, in X79 the Extreme 4 and 6 are nice as is the Fatal1ty

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thank you for all of your help! ive got the RMA from newegg, but am gonna switch graphic cards and try to install windows 1 more time before i put it in the box and send it back. ill post the results.
      have you had any luck with gigabyte boards with this F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL? I want to use this RAM and have to nail one down to buy ASAP. im leaning towards ASROCK or gigabyte at the moment.

Comment

Like the UP5-WIFI and the UP4 from GB, the Sniper is nice also

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok, so i pulled my ati firepro v7900 out and put in an old hd 5770 to try out...no dice-got to windows screen and crashed. i think weve tried everything. im torn between an ASROCK and GB, but also am thinking on another p9x79 pro and hope i get a good one. i will use this system for alot of CAD stuff, rendering and such, and will most likely be upgrading in near future to a Quadro 5000 + tesla setup. that being said, which board would you choose to be a stable rig with even some overclocking down the road? ...and will work with my ram! thanks for your input!

Comment

one last note. if you get to talk to your asus source, i still have the mobo in if we can try settings that they recommend by that party as a last-ditch effort, before i send it back.

Comment

No joy, Mark is a lot like me, primarily 2133 and up on DRAM, did say though that he's had a lot of bad luck with your mobo - he also likes the ASRock mobos and in X&( he suggested the Faral1ty and the Extreme 6 (2 of my primary choices)

Tman

Comment

i decided to go with the ASROCK extreme 6, and itll be here tomorrow! thanks for all of the help, and i hope the new board wont be as bad to setup. you are the man dude!

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

UPDATE: the P9X79 PRO was rma'd, and my ASROCK x-79 extreme 6 arrived...i installed it, turned it on, and it has been running smooth as silk ever since-with not a single error. thanks tradesman for all of your help!

Comment

No problem, glad to hear all is well, think you'll be happy with the ASRock mobo

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X