No announcement yet.

Noob needs help, ASRock Xtreme 4 w/G.Skill DDR3 2133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somethings wrong with the mobo or the BIOS itself, may want to drop them a email and ask

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Somethings wrong with the mobo or the BIOS itself, may want to drop them a email and ask
      Thanks for the reply Tradesman. Here's my support email to them:

"My problem is I have tried all the suggested timing and voltage variations to achieve DDR-2133 by G. Skill and ASRock tech support but the motherboard will not post and it reverts back to DDR3-1600. I was informed by the G. Skill technicians to change the Command Rate from 1N to 2N and here lies another problem. If I try and change the Command Rate, the BIOS will not save it and it reverts back to 1N. The G. Skill techs think I may have a motherboard issue as their memory SHOULD achieve DDR-2133 by overclocking the CPU and changing some of the voltage settings.
      Please be advised, I have run MEMTEST on both memory sticks for 4 hours each and both ran fine with NO errors."

Here's their reply:
      "Hello,

Sorry about the issue you are having. In order to reach 2133mhz you need to overlock the processor in the same time to reach that speed. Simply by adjust the DRAM Freq will not work right.

You can try set the DRAM Freq to 1600mhz and start oveclock the processor in the same time. Memory should increase while you overclock the ram. Try it from there.

We have tried it with Corsair and Samsung Chip without any issue.
      We do have G.SKIll brand memory (ripjaw series) still no issue when you come down to overclock."

Comment

Working...
      X