F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL + ASUS P9X79 Pro (BIOS 3501) + Intel i7-3930K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL + ASUS P9X79 Pro (BIOS 3501) + Intel i7-3930K

Hi. I would like to know correct settings for this RAM and Motherboard combo. Currently I have set it on AUTO in BIOS and it seems fine, however it's running on 1333 MHZ, and it randomly reboots without warning on resume from sleep and sometimes when running an application. Once it restarts, I have to switch it to XMP or leave it on AUTO as the board detects a weird amount of ram, or around 60-62 gigs. After a few restarts it goes to full 64 gigs until it crashes again, then it's rinse and repeat.

So, I really want the correct timings and all of the settings (and please can you write this in full, I'm new to BIOS tweaking ) for DEFAULT (at least until I figure out how to overclock the CPU )

Thanks again!

P.S. running Win7 Pro 64, latest updates for all components and Corsair 760AX 80 Plus Platinum PSU

DO you have the latest BIOS? If you can post up your system voltages and the DRAM info (base as well as advanced/secondary timings) would help

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi - I am pretty sure I have the latest BIOS as I've updated it few days ago from ASUS website (the version is in the thread name). I will post a few screenshots probably tomorrow when I get some free time, and let you know what the settings are currently. Primary use for all of this memory is for a a RAMDisk, so is there a software which you guys recommend over another?

Comment

Can give dataram ramdisk a try, they have a 4GB version that's free

http://memory.dataram.com/products-a...ftware/ramdisk

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry about a slow respond - even though my RAM is running on 1333mhz, it has been stable without resets or weird errors for over a week now. I only reboot when I need to select specific graphics card settings, otherwise there were no problems so far. Having said that, I would like to run my RAM at advertised speed, and have the option to overclock the CPU soon. Here are my basic settings, hope that helps!

Sorry if this is not enough, let me know and I'll grab more screenshots and get back to you.

Comment

Try enable XMP, profile for 1600, raise VTTCPU to 1.18

Tman

Comment

Sorry, I meant to post this instead of the same image twice:

I will try those settings as well and see how it goes/post back.

Comment

Will prob want VCCSA up around 1.2 also

Tman

Comment

Just enable XMP under AI Overclock Tuner, then everything is ready to go. There are many settings in BIOS/EFI, but you only need to change one.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'm trying it with the first settings you suggested, and it seems to work really good. Had a few update restarts and it is solid. I will do a battery of tests with prime 95 to see whether it throws any errors, but so far so good.

Next questions however, I will try to overclock my CPU to a moderate frequency - does RAM need to be tweaked with generally under BIOS to achieve an overclock? I will be using JJ's instructions from ASUS channel on youtube to do it.

Thanks Tradesman!

Comment

If the sticks are stable, jot down or get screen shors of your timings and voltages, OCing the CPU itself shouldn't have a negative effect on the DRAM

Tman

Comment

K series CPU is unlocked, so you can OC independently of DRAM. Very easy for moderate OC.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Even better news! I'm pretty sure the RAM was a good purchase now

Comment

Keep us updtaed on your progress

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by chrom12345 View Post
                              Primary use for all of this memory is for a a RAMDisk, so is there a software which you guys recommend over another?
                              Hello, the PX79 pro should come with an asus utility that will build you a ram disk. If you try it I'd be interested to know how it pans out for you, I'm trying to find out if I can get it to work on the RIVE.
                              WORLD DOMINATION FOR ALL !

Comment

Working...
                              X