Hello all,

Im currently using these hardware on my system:

i5 2500k @ 4.6Ghz
    Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
    and these Ripjaws Sticks

F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL
    DDR3-1866 MHz (PC3-14900)
    2x4GB

my question is, will I still be able to squeeze a bit more performance from these sticks? I still have them running at stock. Maybe tighter timings or higher freq? Ive been trying to tighten things up a bit, but I cant seem to find a stable configuration.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Gecko21; 07-30-2012, 04:21 AM.

Could try 8-10-9-28 at same freq with about + .06 extra DRAM voltage or 2133 at 10-11-10-30 with 1.57...Might get a small increase as is with CR to 1T which might take a small DRAM voltage increase + .03 - + .05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks! But it's a bit weird. My sticks are rated for CR 2N but mine is set to the XMP profile. Readout says im at 1N.

Why?

Comment

Some mobos default them to 1 (N or T.....used to be Intel used T designator and AMD used N..but they seem to be interchangeable now), anyway at 1, you are a step ahead, though if you tighten timings at 1866 or move to 2133 may need to go to 2 or add more voltage to keep the 1, it can be exasperating but also interesting in OCing DRAM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tried going up to 2133 with 10-11-10-30 at 1T on 1.59v, it passes a few runs of maxxmem but fails intelburn test on the 2nd run.

hmmmm.

Comment

Try 2T maybe?

Tman

Comment

everything's fine at 2T. i was just trying my luck at 1T hehe

it seems that more gains are noticeable with higher freqs compared to tighter timings in intel systems. back when i had a 1090T i found myself playing with timings a bit more than i would on frequencies.

Comment

It can, yes. Generally once I have a given freq stable, will try tightening the timings with DRAM and MC voltage increases as needed - can drive you crazy

Tman

Comment

currently at 2133 9-11-10-30 2T 1.61v

stress testing now, everything's looking good so far.

Comment

Sounding good, will be awaiting updates

Tman

Comment

any recommendations on tests to see if the OC stable? Im not sure i still have the luxury of time to be doing one-day prime95 runs anymore due to work lol

Comment

Could run Prime at night, or just do a lot of multitasking as you work, open other programs, run stuff in the background, like virus scans, malware, downlad some big files, if multiple drives copy data files, etc.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X