Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to Reach proper timings/speed with G-Skill f3-12800cl8tu and Intel dx58so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Reach proper timings/speed with G-Skill f3-12800cl8tu and Intel dx58so

Hi, my system is as follows

CPU: i7 920, default clocks
    Motherboard: Intel dx58so
    Memory: G Skill Pi series DDR3 1600 (f3-12800cl8tu - mine is the silver colored ram, not the black color revision, though they appear to have all the same specs)

My motherboard happily runs my ram at 1066mhz...at 8-8-8-19 automatically, but if I use the "XMP" memory setting, it runs it at 1600mhz instead...except it will not boot after the next restart. If I rev up the QPT to 1.35, and the other memory voltage to 1.74 instead of 1.65, as well as loosen the timings to 9-9-9-24 it works. Thoughts?

Check that you have the latest BIOS, if no help, may need to stick w/ 9-9-9-24, Intel doesn't really tweak their boards to accept high performance sticks, are somewhat staid at like in your instance want 1600 at CL9, or 1866 at CL10, etc, you can tweak them like you ahave with added voltage, but stability way still be questionable. Have never really understood this, as Intel is also the creator of XMP, one would think their mobos could enable and use it as it's meant to be used

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X