X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares F3-1866C10D-16GAB and Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4

i7 2600K at stock
    F10 BIOS

BIOS has no problems recognizing the memory. On initial boot, BIOS set to XMP profile 1 at 1600MHz. Upon setting to XMP profile 2 for 1866MHz, PC would stall then reboot twice then indicating changes in voltages and reverting settings to 1333MHz. I ran Memtest 86+ 4.2 overnight and the memory passed with no problems.

Prior to the Ares 16GB set, I had the 8GB version (F3-1866C9D-8GAB) installed and held 1866MHz at XMP profile 2 with no problems.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Try clearing the CMOS, then into the BIOS, enable XMP and select the 1866 profile, they haven't really done much with their BIOS of late and may have to set up manually as you have 8GB sticks, GB started really concentrating on the Z77 mobos back in Jan/Feb area so support for 8GB sticks is a bit lacking

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I cleared the CMOS and immediately swapped to 1866 profile and events repeated itself again with the stall and reboots. Any suggestions regarding manual settings?

Thank you very much for the quick reply Tradesman.

Comment

All right, doesn't sound like BIOS is ready, so let's try manual, disable XMP, set to AUTO or manual, go to the base timings and set them to 10-11-10-30, CR (Command Rate to either 2T or 2N depending on if they use the N or T designator), DRAM voltage initially to 1.55, and VCCIO (I believe that's what the MC (Memory Controller) voltage on this mobo is) to 1.15

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I cleared CMOS again and tried the settings posted. The stall and reboots occured again.

Comment

Try raising MC voltage to 1.2, if no oy there try a slight OC to 3.9, still no joy, may be a bad stick and will want to check with Memtest, on each stick individually - maybe 4-5 passes on each stick

Tman

Comment

This sounds exactly like the issue I posted here. Our motherboards are very similar and the memory is the same. Eyesmiles, did you ever get the set to work correctly at DDR3 1866?

UPDATE: If our compatibility issue is the same, try to get GIGABYTE to provide you with an updated BIOS that at the very least allows tRFC greater than 255. In my case, updating from the Award BIOS to a UEFI BIOS resolved this problem. I don't see a UEFI BIOS available for your board yet though. Keep your eyes on this thread to see if any become available.
              Last edited by mdmower; 08-06-2012, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X