ASUS P5G41T-M LX PLUS + F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL or XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P5G41T-M LX PLUS + F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL or XL

In the manual for the ASUS P5G41T-M LX PLUS motherboard, it claims that it supports up to 8GB of memory total. There are two memory slots on the board. In the manual, there's a note that says...

"This motherboard does not support DIMMs made up of 256 megabits (Mb) chips or less."

...This is referring to the individual chips on the DIMMs themselves.

This board has the Intel G41 chipset, but it takes DDR3 memory.

I'm considering purchasing the G.Skill kit F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL or F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL. Both are 2x4GB kits. Are these kits compatible with this motherboard restriction on DIMM chip size? The individual chip size doesn't appear to be published anywhere so I want to be sure before I make a purchase.

If not, can you suggest a different 2x4GB kit?
    Last edited by krick; 07-20-2012, 11:09 AM.

It also only supports up to 1333 DRAM, the set you have chosen is 1600 - I'd take a look at the 2x4GB 1333 sets, should have no problem with most any of the Ripjaws, Snipers or Ares models

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the info, but when you overclock by jacking up the front side bus on the G31/G41 based boards, don't you need faster memory due to lack of proper memory dividers?

Comment

To be honest, I don't know, it came out as a 800/1066 DRAM mobo and with the BIOS upgrade to add additional CPUs they kicked spec up to 1333 (OC). Most of my socket 775 was with the P series chipsets 31/35/43/45 and the nVidia sets

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X