Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel DZ68DB + F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL

Hi,

My motherboard is an Intel DZ68DB, it supports a maximum of 32Gb ram, but in order to support it, the ram modules must be 8gb double sided and with x8 organization, 4Gb memory technology. (that info is not available at g.skill product specifications)

My idea is to purchase two blisters (RipjawsX F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL) to get 4 modules of 8gb each, to reach the 32gb supported by the motherboard.

Are this modules fully compatible with the Intel DZ68DB motherboard?
    Will I get the 32 gb running properly?

I hope someone can clarify this.
    Thank you!

Based on what we have here the answer would be a 'possibly', I'll explain, first, not sure what CPU you plan to run, though about any of the K series (25/26/2700 3570/3770) are capable of running 32GB with no problem, next any time you mix sets of DRAM, even the same model it can be problematic, especially with ANY AMD rig, or with Intel mobos, you best bet would be a single packaged 32GB set, that way the sticks are tested to work together. Another thing would be if the BIOS for the mobo is ready for 32GB (yes I know it says it can, but be wary, most mobo makers weren't expecting the rush to 32/64GB sets of DRAM and are playing catchup to get the BIOSs good to go. My experience is Intel is a bit slower than most. The Good part is you selected 1333 sticks which has a good possibility compared to high freq sticks like 2133/2400/2666 on Intel, so w/ a strong CPU like a K series, the probability goes up to a definite probably with a single set of 4x8GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I7-3770k

Thank you very much for your answer. It was very clarifying.

Yes, the CPU will be a I7-3770K. And the BIOS is (in theory) updated to support that CPU + 32 Gb RAM.

My Idea was to start with two modules (one pack F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL) and add two more in the future, but based on your post, I will check if I can find some 32gb pack.

Can you please answer to me how are constructed the modules I asked (F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL)? Are they double-sided, 4Gb memory technology with x8 organization?

Thank you!

Comment

Believe, yes, double side, DD, but as to the chips themselves, not sure, and don't think GSkill routinely passes that info out, sorry

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X