F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH (4 x 4GB kit) + ASRock X79 Extreme9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH (4 x 4GB kit) + ASRock X79 Extreme9

F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH (4 x 4GB kit) + ASRock X79 Extreme9. This kit will not run at 2133 using XMP 1.3. It will do 1866 all day running memtest but not 2133. Ive even tried relaxing the timings still no 2133 joy. I've had this setup for a few months now hoping bios updates would resolve this but no luck. I've tried tweaking the bios and running at default settings.

ASRock X79 Extreme9 2.20 bios
    i7 3930
    seasonic 1000w platinum
    F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH

BTW for some reason the search and forum tools buttons don't work for me. Tried IE and firefox.

Hi baker269

if you use one kit of F3-17000CL9D-16GBZH and couldn't run at 2133Mhz by XMP, we will suggest you send it back for RMA, because this motherboard should be able running 2133Mhz/16GB without issue. please contact our RMA department: rma@gskill.com
    sorry for the inconvenient

Comment

I believe they have a problem with their BIOS can you post your DRAM timings (base and advanced) and also your system voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tested each stick of ram and they all tested fine at 2133 so I started testing the ram slots and the forth one is whats giving me trouble. last thing I want to do is try and rma my MB might just stick with 1866 besides don't think the move to 2133 would make that big of a difference.

Comment

If that's okay with you, might keep an eye out for oddball happenings, if the slots bad or it's actually the MC (Memory Controller) in the CPU, things can be fine forever or could degenerate in a hurry

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Good point and I didn't even think about the memory controller.

Comment

It happens, not often, granted, but it's a possibility

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X