Question about mixing ram.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mixing ram.

Hi, I am planning on upgrading the ram in my computer. I already have 4gb of this module (F3-10666CL9-1GBNQ). I have found this kit from newegg(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231193). I am wondering if I can mix that set with my existing modules. That way I could have a total of 6gb. I have my existing ram oc'ed to 1600 already. Thanks in advance.

I won't say they won't play together, but I'll say I wouldn't have high hopes. Any time you mix sets even of the same identical model it can be problematic, here you'll be mixing different DRAM Frequencies and since diff freqs, essentially different timings as say 1333 at 8-8-8-24 equates to 1600 at 9-9-9-27 and diff capacities........I've mixed sets that were more different than these. If you were to try, I'd start at 1333 9-9-9-26, 2T, 1.55 and be prepared to possibly have to adjust some of the advanced timings also, notable taking the tRFC up higher (and will want the latest BIOS before you try)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X