UD5H and Ripjaws X 2133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD5H and Ripjaws X 2133

I received my new hardware today. My mobo is the Gigabyte Z77 UD5H and I went with Ripjaws X (2 x 4gb) at 2133 mhz. Specifically, the F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL.

My motherboards onboard LCD lists the debug 53, meaning it has something to do with memory initialization.

Tried each stick individually in all slots and have reset my CMOS.

Try with a single stick and if you can get to BIOS see if you have latest BIOS, then if needed, update BIOS, enable XMP and add second stick

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tried single stick in every slot. I cannot check the bios nor can I update it (because I have no RAM to use :P)

Comment

May then want to A) try a different stick if available or if you can borrow one - if same problem, then pull CPU and check for thermal compound under CPU/in socket or bent/broken pins in socket (which isn't all that uncommon with new mobos)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Checked all the pins. They are all properly aligned (all angled in a consistent direction).

I am not sure if I have any sticks I can use. All of my dads plethora of computers (20+) are on DDR2 [go figure]. I'll check with somebody else in our neighborhood, but until that time, any suggestions?

Comment

Check that the mobo is securely installed in the case or pull it out in the event a screw is loose or you have metal on metal somewhere causing a short....might try a CMOS rest with the mobo jumper (should have directions in your manual...or pull the CMOS battery out with power unplugged and then re-install the battery

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X