X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this kit 7.9 on the WEI?

F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL
    http://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-PC3-14...00CL10D-16GBXL
    Will that kit hit 7.9 on the WEI paired with a 3770k WITHOUT overclocking?

Believe so, may depend on the BIOS of the mobo and how Win reads everything.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Believe so, may depend on the BIOS of the mobo and how Win reads everything.
      Mobo will be Maximus V Formula.

Comment

Think so, I don't remember the actual formula MS used to determine what constitutes a 7.9, but am fairly sure it will...off hand I don't really know anybody that uses WEI - I turned my 16GB Sniper set back down to 1866 (was running 2200) and it rates 7.9 with a 2500K

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It will. Even my previous GSkill 1600Mhz 4*4GB Ripjaws X rated 7.9 on the WEI. Similar is the case with G Skill 1866 Mhz 4*4GB Ripjaws X. However, I would not put much into WEI as a benchmark tool.

A 5400 rpm hard disk gives WEI of 5.9, similar as a 2 TB performance hard disk.

Comment

If I got a kit rated at 2133mhz/CL9/1.6v, would it be possible to manually set the speed/timing/voltage to 1866mhz/CL9/1.5v?

Comment

Again, more than likely, each individual mobo /CPU/PSU will have it's own quirks, but think that your expactation is realistic, if not 1.5 then prob 1.55 (and would even prob run at those voltages w/ CL8)

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X