EVGA Z77 FTW, which ram should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVGA Z77 FTW, which ram should I get?

Hey guys, I'm upgrading my computer build, and just got my new EVGA Z77 FTW motherboard in the mail and I'm not sure which kind of ram I should get :P

I want 16gigs, and I'd like it to be quick. I'm assuming lower CAS-timings means quicker performance, and I know Gskill is at the top of the list. I just switched from corsair because I've had to many problems with them before I just don't know that I want to keep trying them.

So, why in the world are there so many different series of Gskill? Trident, ripjaws, Ripjaws X and Z, Sniper, etc. I don't want to try overclocking because my proc is the i7-2600, not the k version, so its got the locked multiplier. Which series would be best for my Sandy Bridge proc? and what might be the best at standard 1333 mhz?

Thanks for all your guys' help in advance!

These are the kits that I'm currently looking at.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231456
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...00cl11q-16gbzl

Comment

The 1866 set (F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL) would be good, 2133 may require more of an OC than you'd want to mess with

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have the EVGA Z77 also the I7-2600K Can I run these at 2400 or will the 2600K limit the max speed?
        G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C10D-16GTX
        Thanks for your help

Comment

the 2500K might carry 2400 sticks, it may take some tweaking, generally the 2600K is good through about 2200, though I've seen some carry 2400

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Your memory multiplier is limited with Sandybridge CPUs. K series can support up to DDR3-2133, non-K series DDR3-1866, so keep this in mind. You don't really need to purchase DDR3-2400+

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X