X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16Gb installed: Windows and BIOS see 8Gigs of RAM, CPU-z sees 16Gb

issue resolved thank you
    Last edited by draecko; 02-22-2014, 09:24 AM. Reason: issue resolved

Check your manual and make sure you have the sticks in the proper slots and they are firmly seated (pushed in thill the clips lock on by themselves, if still only showing 8GB then prob have a bad mobo or (and seems unlikely) 2 bad sticks, can chek each stick individually bey seeing if it will boot the system by itself in the proper slot, then can also run MEMTEST on each stick individually (may 4-5 passes)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

issue resolved
      Last edited by draecko; 02-22-2014, 09:20 AM. Reason: issue resolved

Comment

Do all four dimms work in the right side slots? Will it boot with dimm only in the left side? Hopefully you are in your RMA window for the board.
        I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

issue resolved
          Last edited by draecko; 02-22-2014, 09:20 AM. Reason: issue resolved

Comment

Sounds like bad slots on the mobo, might see what Asus says

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

issue resolved
              Last edited by draecko; 02-22-2014, 09:21 AM. Reason: issue resolved

Comment

Could well be, any chance of trying the sticks in a different system, friends or coworkers? Doen't have to be an X79, just want to ensure the sticks are good, that can narrow down to mobo or CPU as prob problem

Tman

Comment

issue resolved
                  Last edited by draecko; 02-22-2014, 09:21 AM. Reason: issue resolved

Comment

Of the 2, CPU or mobo, I'd lean toward the mobo, have a feeling they may know of a problem with it if asking you to check CPU/socket, normally they just blame the DRAM

Tman

Comment

Returned the board to the shop this afternoon for RMA, they're gonna test it and they'll let me know tomorrow morning.

Comment

We'll be waiting to hear what they say

Tman

Comment

Ok, I got my motherboard back. For the occassion I also gave them my ram and cpu for testing. They tested different mobo's, cpu's and dimms to isolate the problem. Turns out that my CPU has a defective memory controller, so it was neither the dimms nor the mobo... I already contacted Intel and I'm waiting for a reply, however I have a feeling this might not go so smooth.

Since I got this cpu from a buddy of mine and he got it from someone else, no one really has an official receipt, or rather any idea which shop this cpu is purchased from, so it might be hard to get warranty from Intel. Any tactical idea how to deal with this? I spent quite the money to get this cpu, so I don't wanna be shoved off without a replacement.

Comment

Got some info, check your PMs

Tman

Comment

Alright, thanks for the help. Now it's waiting for the reply from intel :|

Comment

Working...
                              X