Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Sabertooth Z77 + F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH, Bios settings

Hello,

I'm trying to configure my new MB Asus Sabertooth Z77 (Update 1206 Done) with F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH
    My MB boots only with 8Go (DIMM A1+A2), I have tried to modify settings in UEFI Bios (XMP/Auto/Manual), Latency 9-11-10-28. But the PC don't boot in any configuration.
    I have Red Light on MemTest... Ihave tested to do the MemTest with same problem.
    I also swapped the memory, no problem on it
    I think it's just a configuration problem in Bios. I have checked QVL before my purchase and everything should be ok, or I'm crazy

Could you help me please ?

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by julienperret; 07-03-2012, 12:35 PM.

Have you tried at 1600 or 1866, don't know why, but they show the mobo only rated to 1866 and many have had problems trying to run faster sticks on this particular mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tried this morning but same thing, what are other settings (XMP / ...) ?

Tks

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, just installed yesterday the 1206 version

Comment

Might try manually at 8-10-9-28 1866 (and may want to add + .05 to the DRAM voltage). I'd also check w/ Asus and see if they play to update for faster sticks

Tman

Comment

Sorry, but I still have the same problem
              Have you some settings with 1600 ?

For the + .05 to the DRAM I will have value 1.660, do you confirm ?

If you want I can open an Asus Support, just tell me

Thanks a lot

Comment

At 1600 I'd start with the same timings as I gave for 1866, but can prob try the DRAM voltage at 1.6 or even 1.55.....and it can't hurt to open a ticket w/ Asus, maybe they'll get to work on the BIOS if enough people complain...Of all the Z77 mobo out there (and this is expensive) the Sabertooth, I believe is the only one that's not rated for over 2000 DRAM, the far majority of mobos are rated like 2400 and up to 2800+

Tman

Comment

I'd change the MOBO, it was a hardware problem
                  Everything's OK now in 1666 Mhz

Thanks

Comment

Glad to hear all is well, sometimes we just get a bad component here or there, it can be a pain, especially when mobo and CPU makers always seem to blame the DRAM

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X