Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabertooth 990fx and G.Skill ARES

Hi there,

My system is as follows: amd fx8120, brand new asus sabertooth 990fx, gtx460 sli, 2x G.Skill ARES DDR3 1600 CL9 8gb (2x4gb) kits. The problem I'm having is not all my ram is detecting. In the BIOS, total memory is 8gb, but in memory configuration I see all 4 modules. Windos says 16gb but 8gb usable, and cpu z says 16gb. I'm running win 7 ultimate x64. Memtest86+ detects 8gb when all modules are seated. I've tried swapping them around in multiple configurations, each module individually has made a pass in memtest. I've raised the voltage to 1.55, I've manually set it to 1600, I've had memory hole remapping on and off, I've updated th e bios to the latest 1208, I've reseated the cpu, I've set the msconfig boot settings. At this point I'm completely clueless and rather frustrated after reading dozens of possible causes and solutions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    Justin

What exact set(s) do you have you show 2x4GB - is this two sets of the same DRAM? If so, mixing sets can be problematic of itself and even moreso on AMD. Might try raising the CPU/NB voltage to 1.3 or so - also check that all sticks are firmly seated - make sure Win7 isn't limiting your DRAM - to check go to START, type in MSCONFIG, click the BOOT tab, then the ADVANCED tab and make sure the MAX MEM setting is UNchecked

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X