intel 3770k + z77 chipset, which gskill ram would fit the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intel 3770k + z77 chipset, which gskill ram would fit the best

Hi, i bought all the components except for the ram, read some posts in which users stated that if i would use a quad channel memory with this processor it would void the intel warranty, so what i need is a 16gb 1600mhz dual channel memory, any suggestions ?

Haven't heard that one, sets that are designed towards quad channel, i.e. the Ripjaws Z series, simply runs in duel channel on a duel channel mobo. If only planning to run 1600 sticks, would suggest any of the Ripjaws X sets, or the Ares, both lean towards the 1155 socket, or the Snipers. Basically all the 4x4 16GB sets come in at CL(, slightly better performance wise would be the CL8 Ares set - F3-1600C8Q-16GAB. For 1600 you'd also have the option of a 2x8GB set, GSkill has four at 1600, but I'd suggest the CL9 sets, Ripjaws X - F3-1600C9D-16GXM or the Ares - F3-1600C9D-16GAR. And just for info purposes, don't be taken in by the advertising at places like the Egg, where basically, any and every 4 stick set is labeled as quad channel - they go with that as it;s a four (quad) stick set, it can all get confusing, but the 1155 mobos (all of them only run in single or dual channel....period, and the only mainstream mobos that run true quad channel is the socket 2011/X79 chipset mobos (and they can run DRAM designed for dual channel in quad just fine

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

is there any considerable difference on the price between quad and dual channels ? also would it matter performance wise if i take 16gb as 8x2 or 4x4 ? and one more thing how would the voltage value matter? any critical difference between the 1.35 or 1.5 ? buttom line which set would you recommand the most for intel 3770k + gigabyte z77x-ud5h system

Comment

Let's see, on the voltage issue, not all mobos handle the low voltage sticks well, so basically I just stick with 1.5 and up. As far as price - no real difference to speak of (and as mentioned no real difference in sticks between true dual channel desinated and quad channel designated, either will work either way, but as an example I'm running 32GB 4x8GB 2133/CL9 Ripjaws X (designed for dual channel, there is also a Ripjaws Z set, same basic specs and price that was designed for the 2011/X79 quad mobos, they both run equally well on my Z77 and my P67 in dual channel. Advantages of 2x8GB over 4x4GB would be less stress on the MC (Memory Controller) with only 2 sticks and with 2 you leave the possibility open to add additional DRAM. It's hard to give a recommendation, not knowing what all you do and plan to do, so I'll just offer up what I normally would to any of my clients that talk about a combo based on the 3770K - you're getting a high performance CPU that's made to be OCed, that's why it's got an unlocked multiplier, you're talking 16GB of DRAM (which says you're going to be serious with the rig - so as far as sets go I'd go 2x8GB, so there is less strain on the MC (and can be upgraded if need be)....Me, being me, I also suggest faster sticks if your budget can handle it, the 1600/CL9 sets run about $105-125, then the option goes to 1866 sets @ about $140 (which could be considered a waste as those are 1866/CL10 sets and you should have no problem running any of the 1600/CL9 sets at 1866/CL10 without any problem...then would prob be my suggestion - the 2133/CL9 set at $180....again, if it's in the budget and would be my prime choice, there's also a 2400 set at about $205, but that a CL10 set also and I know the 2133/CL9 run well at 2400/CL10............Now I bet you're sorry you asked me No seriously, if any other question, throw them out...

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

bascially the primary reason for which i bought this pc was to use it as a part of my home sound studio, running cubase a sequencer, integrating hardware such as my virus ti synth and a midi controller, and running background applications such as samplers vsti's etc.. regarding the secondary option is i thought to myself if i already invest that much in a computer i wanna atleast be able to run the latest games if i would feel like, so i invested a few more $ and got the 560gtx, anyways thanks alot for all the hassle youre going through for assisting, but buttom line you say that i can go ahead and choose quad-chan memory over dual channel without any worries? since the store im buying my hardware from holds mostly quad channel then its much easier for me, as soon as you reply im leaving towards the store, so i want you to help me choose between the Ares F3-1600C9Q-16GAB and the RipjawsZ F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL, thank you

Comment

Purely based on design spec, I'd go with the Ares, which is designed towards both dual channel and the 3rd gen CPUs like the 3770K. Of the 2 sets the Z series Ripjaws was designed for 2011/X79 quad channel, but in all seriousness, of the two you would see little to no real difference in performance....Also check your PMs, I'm dropping you a line

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X