Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Storm 2133 3x2Gb IC Query

Hi forum,

I have a set of G.Skill Perfect Storm 2133 3x2Gb 1.65v DDR3 F3-17066CL9T-6GBPS and was wanting to know what ICs they are fitted with. The serial on them is 9380660158085.

All of the reading I have done on the net suggest they are Elipida BBSE but comparing them to my Ripjaws 2000 CL9 BBSE kits they seem to perform poorly. I had an idea that they might be MNH Hypers but they were installed in the 2200 PS kits only?

Any assistance offered would be great.

Prob want to PM GSkill on that, I don't think they release that info, but GSkill would be the one that would know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Cheers tradesman. Yeah i've sent them an email so fingers crossed. I just couldn't understand why they were performing worse than ripjaws and tridents all sporting bbse. I'll have a dig into the sub-timings incase they are wound tight cutting their headroom, (whilst waiting for a reop to get back to me).

Comment

Well keep me informed, I've got some loose time today and am going to research a few of the problems here on the forum, yours is one of them, if I find anything I'll be back out later in the day (it's 9:15AM here now so prob be a few hours

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

still no full responce from g.skill i'm sorry to report. i've have a reply from a couple of low level techs and both have struggled with my question, (i don't blame them lol). i'll keep persisting and updating.

Comment

GSkill Tech was on vacation, should be back tomorrow, I believe, he may know

Tman

Comment

thought i'd pop back in and update. after alot of messing i've found that they are BBSE but the timings need to be played with. the key to open the sticks up is TRCD = CL + 2

i still can't understand why g.skill took this route in binning. following the route that sticks were binned with tri chan in mind then voltage second the perfect storms seem to come alive with ivy... but that was never the intension when they were built for x58?

Comment

Could be a good set of stick (have come across a few) or more likely just exploring the advance timings and having them really go to town, have found that with a few different sets

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X