Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400C-10Q and Intel DZ77GA-70K

Running with an Intel i7-3770S CPU.

The system boots fine with default settings (memory running at 1333). It gets POST errors if I set it to use the XMP profile, or if I manually set it to run at a higher speed. The BIOS has been updated to the latest version. How do I get this to run at 2400? Thanks.

May have trouble reaching 2400, what set do you have exactly , the part of the model number you show indicates 4 sticks is it 8GB, 16 or 32GB?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

16GB (4 sticks of 4)

Comment

Well it's either Ripjaws Z or Trident then, if XMP not working, might try 2133, 9-11-11-30 or 1866 at 8-10-10-30 for testing purposes, at 2133 you may need to raise VCCSA to 1.2 and MC (memory controller) voltage to 1.1....Intel doesn't really make or get their mobo's (or associated) BIOSs) ready for OCing, they lean more to the mobo beig somewhat staid and to run more or less stock type settings (i.e. DRAM at 1333/1600)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks. It's Trident.

I tried your 1866 suggested settings and had to do a CMOS reset. Intel specs this board as supporting DDR3-2400 and the BIOS has a very nice OC Assistant. Sounds like maybe your memory just won't work with it.

Comment

Like many mobo makers, they base the max DRAM freq on the specs of the chipset, there are few set of DRAM listed as tested and they generally test at the SPD default which is gen 1333 or 1600....Would think Intel could set up there mobos to run under XMP, yet high freq and quantity seldom ever work on Intel mobos. Can try setting up manually, believe we've had a couple folks get tehm running at 2133

Tman

Comment

I suggest to put these on 1600, i had also problems to run faster on that mainboard. But thx to the low timings that my gskill memory can handle, i run faster then a DDR3 2133 setting. So i am happy.
              Sisoft sandra scores 19700 MB/Sec

Comment

Sweet, let it run for a bit, then might try easing up to 1866 when you have a bit of time to play, jot down all your current settings so you have a fallback spot

Tman

Comment

Tradesman stop reccomending people to up vcssa voltage. It has absolutely nothing to do with memory, and should ALWAYS be left at default .925volts. Ivy bridge is even lower. Raising that and you risk burning the chip out that controls vcssa. Intel states that it should not be touched.

Comment

It shouldn't have to be raised........if you run everything at stock and 2 sticks at CPU specified DRAM (generally 1333 or 1600)....but since most run faster sticks on Intel and OC the CPU it often needs to raised when OCing the CPU, having high capacity DRAM, multiple sticks and most importantly at times (which is quite often) the the mobo makers don't have the BIOS right to run all components corrects. Further the VCCSA (System Agent Voltage) in many cases is beginning to incorporate the MC (Memory Controller) voltage as part of the VCCSA instead of using a separate (depending on chipset) VVCIO, CPUVTT, QPI/VTT, etc (numerous different names based on socket and chipset). As far as Ivy Bridge, my 2 Z77 systems both default to .0925 and on the 3570K to run 32GB I had to run it at 1.1 until the BIOS was corrected to handle the sticks, now it runs at stock....if it was true that there's not a need for it to be adjusted (either up or down) it would be a locked setting, or wouldn't even appear. If you actually takes what Intel prints to heart, one would wonder why they even make CPUs that can OC (since they say OCing is a no-no......or why they ever came out with the XMP standard since their CPUs are basically all rated for 1333/1600, yet XMP runs right on up through 2800.
                    Last edited by Tradesman; 07-09-2012, 05:25 PM.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X