Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus K53E Laptop

Hello, again
    I have a Asus K53E Laptop, i3. After installing 8GB Of Ram, (DDR3-1333) Windows Memory Diagnostic shows up as a Black, Blank Screen.
    If I run the 4gb sticks one at a time the test runs fine, both sticks, Nodda. Bios don't have any kind of user adjustable settings.
    Any Idea whats up?
    TIA!
    -Wolfgang

May be the laptop just doesn't like the sticks, some only take specific sticks as to how many chips used, whether they are single sided or double sided sticks, some have the BIOS set to only run sticks at specific timings (it's all often to get you to buy upgrades direct from the manufacturer)....might PM GSkill Support, they are covering for GSkill Tech while he's out

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks T'Man!
      Took replacement Ram out, Tried a few other Brands, same result. Ordered another 4gb stick from E-Bay that matched the OEM Stick that came with unit: Same result!
      ASUS Support for a week has no Clue, They told me to match sticks( Nothing) Then to flash Bios to current Version(Nothing).
      I'll give em one more chance and then this Asus Laptop is going back.

Comment

That would be my thought and approach to it, the laptop may have a bad slot

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just Strange,
          One stick in either slot I can run the Memory Diagnostic. Two Sticks, Black Screen.
          CPUID shows Dual Mode both stick active, as does Speccy. After two weeks of (Cough) ASUS Support, they tell me this morning that they do not support a MODIFED Laptop!!!!!!
          Then they tell me to go into Bios and tweak The Ram settings, I tell him There are no settings in the Bios, and it states so in there OWN Manual!
          As soon As Micro Center Opens, I'll call Tech Suppoprt and tell them I want to return.
          Thanks again T'Man!!!!

Comment

No problem - it's things like you ran into that is why I seldom ever work on laptop hardware

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X