Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help with new build

I just built...

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

ECS NGTX560TI-1GPI-F1 GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Intel Core i5-3450 Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.5GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 BX80637I53450

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Patriot Pyro PP60GS25SSDR 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

and I built this to play Starcraft 2.

I use win7 home premium 64 bit.

everything works great until i get ready to attack in Starcraft 2, then it bsod.

I've updated everything in this computer and tried about every driver for vid card i can find.

I don't care about overclock. when I run this at 1600 it is blazing. I just want to see no more bsod.

I've tried all the mem xmp setting in bios, and i get different kind of crashes when i change memory settings. when i use the xmp 1866 settings it only kills my monitor, so I can hear me getting wiped out.

could you please give me some stable memory timings to use?

Thank you very much

Mike

Do you have the latest BIOS? If wanting to run 1600 then set base timings to 8-9-8-28 (if on auto it's probably setting 9-9-9-27 or so), preferably you'll want the latest BIOS, then you can enable XMP, select the 1866 profile and should be good

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yup i have the latest bios. set xmp to 1866 and thats when the crash changed. I could still hear starcraft playing in the background, as my monitors went blank

Comment

Might try DRAM voltage up at 1.55

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by trumped View Post
          I just built...

and I built this to play Starcraft 2.
          Hi, how is this working for you for SC II assuming you got it working? In particular interested in how the specs \ SSD improves the performance?

I must admit I am a bit of an amateur when it comes to building my own rig, but registered here so I could drop you a quick message . How much did that build cost you?

Comment

Working...
          X