F3 10666CL9D (8GB set) 4GBx2 only reads 4 gig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3 10666CL9D (8GB set) 4GBx2 only reads 4 gig

Model of the motherboard: M5A97 (latest drivers installed)
    Model of the memory: F3 10666CL9D 4GBx2 Ripjaws (no overclocking)
    Model of the CPU: AMD FX6100 (no overclocking)

What is the problem?

System (motherboard) only recognizes 4 GB of ram. (out of 8gb) This is on a new computer build. I have been running on the single stick. Windows 7 64bit.

1. I have tried all the suggestions on this topic and it didnt work: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...ight=10666cl9d

2. I have tried each stick individually, and one of the memory sticks doesn't work when used alone. The system wont post and I get the mem error on the asus motherboard. I tried the "mem ok" button feature to configure it. I cycled it over 5 times and it wont POST with one of the memory sticks. The other stick works just fine by itself.

Perhaps the other stick is dead? I need to use this computer for work, and Newegg requires me to return the set together. That would leave me without a computer.

Anything else I can try?

You might see if you can borrow a stick or two from a friend or co-worker - or might contact the RMA folks at GSkill and see if they will RMA a single stick - it's not something I recommend, but have heard they'll do it on a customers request - contact rma@gskillusa.com if in Americas, else rma@gskill.com

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X