No announcement yet.

F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH 2133 16gb ripjaw z with Asrock z77 extreme6 compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH 2133 16gb ripjaw z with Asrock z77 extreme6 compatibility

I have purchased the F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH 2133 16gb (4x4gb) ripjaw z set from newegg on 6/10. This set is listed as as compatible at asrock's website.

I cannot get it to work with xmp profile. CPU at stock speeds.
    My motherboard kept power cycling and boots into uefi/bios.

cpu i7 3770k
    asrock z77 extreme6 bios 1.60

bios shows xmp profile 1&2 9-11-10-28 2N

power saving mode off

dram 1.65v
    Vtt 1.076v
    Vccsa 0.925v

timings are
    tCL 9
    tRCD 11
    tRP 10
    tRAS 28
    CR 2N

tWR 16
    tRFC 171
    tRRD 6
    tWTR 9
    tRTP 9
    tFAW 25
    tCWL 7

I have tried it with only a single module inserted. Same results.
    Is this memory really compatible with the asrock z77 extreme6? Should I return to newegg and get another set that is more compatible with xmp profile with 16GB configuration? Please advise.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Should work under XMP, if latest BIOS installed, can try setting the timings manually and/ot check each stick individually with Memtest (say 4 to 5 passes, a full run takes a long time)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I've tried single sticks of ram on the slots. It still does not want to boot with xmp profile on at 1.65v.

I ran memtest on single sticks one each four at 1600mhz@1.65v found no errors.
      However if i manually set it to 1600@1.5v [auto timings] sometimes it doesnt boot and errors show up in memtest. Is that normal?

It does not boot into xmp with single sticks in the slots at all at 1.65v. I've tried upping the voltage to 1.655v 1.66v still cant boot.

The sticks doent feel hot because I have a memory cooling fan on it.

3770k cpu and asrock z77 extreme6 all at default stock settings and latest bios 1.60
      I'm baffled why QVL memory doesnt work. Did I receive a bad set? Should I rma with newegg?
      Please advise. Thanks.

Comment

Might check CPU/socket for bent/broken pins or thermal compound possibly in that area

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yup, checked the socket seems clean. No thermal grease in there. The pins looked uniform. I doubt the pc would boot at all if there was a broken pin. Thermal compound I had in before seem just right, not too much, not too little, no bleeding into the sides of the socket. Just double checking since I used tuniqtx4 which is not conductive.

Checked the motherboard from top to bottom on both sides. Can't tell any difference.
          At least I dont see any major cracks or foreign objects stuck on it.

Cleaned everything up reapplied thermal compound. Reseat cpu and heatsink. It runs fine with 1600mhz@1.65v but still wouldnt boot with xmp.

Comment

DO you have or can you borrow a different set of sticks you could try? Sounds like it may be bad mobo/CPU or sticks

Tman

Comment

It would be helpful if I have another set of mobo/cpu or memory to test with but I do not.

Comment

Might check w/ ASRock and see if they have any idea, or contact the Egg and do a RMA and change the sticks for a new set.....hopefully ASRock is working on a new BIOS, if they passed individually on Memtest, wouldn't thingk the sticks and we've had a few posts with DRAN problems and the ASRock mobos, I had problems with both one of their P67s and A Z77 and worked with them to get the BIOSs on those two fixed

Tman

Comment

Here's a post with think it's 4 others, all having trouble with DRAM and this mobo, wondering if a bad batch of them went out

Tman

Comment

I finally got xmp working right. RMAed out mobo from newegg twice. It still did not work. They were pretty nice about it. And then I finally rma'ed my new 3770k cpu with buy.com and the new cpu works with xmp profile flawlessly!

Comment

Glad to hear all is well, it's unusual to get a bad Intel CPU, sorry for the bad luck! But now you can Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X