Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crazy bug - wrong latency (A8-3870k - ASROCK A75M itx)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy bug - wrong latency (A8-3870k - ASROCK A75M itx)

Hallo,

I have problems with my new configuration and need help before I - don?t know - throw my computer out of the window?http://gskill.us/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif. I will try to explain the situation - please ignore my bad english.

My system:

ram: [ RipjawsX ] F3-14900CL9D-4GBXM
    CPU: AMD a8-3870k
    MB: ASROCK A75M itx (V 1.6)

I want to run the Ram with 1866. I noticed (and banchmark tools proofed it for me) that I haven?t got the speed and power I expected. I have the right Bios settings for the Ram, but I am overstrained because of the huge amount of setting possibilities in the UEFI bios. First I tested the Ram banks seperately. CPU-Z tells me that the one ram-bank (I think number one) only starts with the minimum latency (16-5-5-5). When I put the ram on the other bank CPU-Z shows the right CAS Latency (9-10-9-28). I already changed the MB with no success. Now I?m in contact with AMD but have to know whether the Ram is compatible - and if not - can this happen because of incompatible Ram???

Maybe I have to change some settings (DRam Voltage is set to 1.5 V).

Please help me!

Here you can see all the setting options of the bios:

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/420...ew/index4.html

DRAM should work (at 1600 min), but looks like a screwed up BIOS, might see if there is a BIOS upgrade available, if not go into DRAM timings and set to 9-10-9-28, and set Command Rate/Timing to 2N, DRAM Voltage to 1.55 (yes I added an extra +.05)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I already have the newest Bios version and its the second ASROCk A75M itx with this problem (9-10-9-28 is set in the bios, too). But I will try to incease the ram volt to 1.55 and have a try. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

If problems persist...could try raising CPU/NB voltage a bit (maybe about + .1) and might possibly want to look at CPU/socket for bent/broken pins or possibly if any thermal compound got in there

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hallo,

nothing changed. The CPU looks good as I can not find bent or broken pins. Unfortunetly nothing changed with the higher voltage (ram and NB). Who can tell me something about the compatibility of the ram with my motherboard? AMD will change the CPU if it?s not because of the ram. It might be a default controller inside the CPU...

NEED HELP!!

Comment

If this is the second mobo that has been misreading the sticks, then woul lean towards a bad BIOS for the mobos, a bad MC (memory controller) in the CPU or a bad stick, can try a full run of memtest on each stick individually or try different sticks in the rig to get an idea if it's the DRAM

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X