No announcement yet.

F3-1600c10d-16gao asrock z77 extreme6 intel i5-3570k not stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've got a lot of SnowBirds that come out here to Tucson, from up that way, your area, Wisconsin, etc. Gskill is really good about taking care of their customers.....keep us updated

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

quick question, I'm considering buying a second 16 GB kit to be able to run my system while waiting for the RMA process to work out. Will my ASROCK Z77 EXTREME6 motherboard be able to run all 4 8GB sticks with XMP ?

unless of course there is some way expedite the RMA process. I don't mind buying another 16 GB kit as long as I'll be able to use all 32 GB.

Thanks

Chuck Haatvedt

Comment

With two sets might take some minor voltage adjustments since it will be two sets, but running 32 should work, I'm tunning 4x8GB on my lower end Extreme 4

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

tradesman,

the computer repair shop ran more tests since they missed something when testing the powersupply and after those tests they determined that the powersupply is the issue. So I'm doing an RMA on the powersupply. I think that I'm going to get another two 4 GB sticks of this memory as its on sale at NewEgg and I have a gift certificate to use anyway. If it still fails after I replace the powersupply, then I'll try it with just the two 4 GB sticks of memory and see if that works, if not that would probably narrow it down to the ASROCK motherboard.

Thanks for your help on this. I may need to RMA the GSKILL memory at some point but for now I'll hold off until I replace the powersupply.

Comment

Let us know when you get the new stuff in, if you encounter any problems with the two sets, it will prob only need a small voltage adjustment, just a heads up so you don't panic with two sets if they don't start right up, I'll be around so give a shout

Tman

Comment

tradesman, i'm waiting to get the rma worked out with corsair for the powersupply.

however, i would be interested in attempting to manually run my existing ram at 1333.

i did try to set it at 1333 but i don't know what the setting would be for that. I did try to set it manually to 1333 and 10-10-10-30 but the computer froze in the bios when i tried that (i left everything else at the auto setting that they had been at with XMP.

could you send me the setting to try my memory at 1333 ?

if you would prefer, i could sent you my email address via a pm.

thanks

Chuck H.

Comment

At 1333, I'd initially try 9-9-9-28, 1.5, 2T and check the MC voltage might add + .04 to it

Tman

Comment

I gave that a try and no luck, same problem.

perhaps Cosrsair will contact me about my powersupply tomorrow.

Comment

Will keep fingers crossed for you, let us know

Tman

Comment

Tradesman,

I received my new Gskill memory, 2 4GB sticks of the following.

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-8GAO

I installed the new memory and using ASROCK Z77 EXTREME6 bios 1.7, I set it to the defaults and then set the memory to use XMP 1.2 and started the computer.

I then started the PRIME95 test in windows using the version which installs with REALTEMP 3.70

I have an Intel I5-3570k cpu and prime95 shows the following window when it runs.

http://www.adrive.com/public/4Ht4qs/...54_03%20PM.png

The prime95 test ran for about 40 minutes or so and then the entire desktop froze including the sound (i had an internet radio playing and the sound just stopped). The strange thing was that the system continued to run with the mouse, keyboard and desktop frozen for about twenty minutes. During this time the clock on the task bar was also frozen.

interestingly however, the prime95 window continued to scroll the test messages every minute. also instead of the time in each test message being incremented, it remained the same for each test even though they continued at 1 minute intervals.

then after 20 minutes the system just shutdown (power went off).

I think that this rules out a memory issue.

the new powersupply that i RMA'd should be here tomorrow. I will test that and let you know how it turns out. I may not have time to swap the powersupply tomorrow as it may be a busy day at work.

thanks,

Chuck H.
                      Last edited by chaat; 07-15-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Does sound likr PSU, CPU or mobo, we'll be waiting to hear from you

Tman

Comment

Tradesman,

I did receive a new power supply. After installing it my SSD was not recognized by the motherboard. After removing it and trying it on another computer, it appears to be bad as the other computer would not detect it either.

the computer did shutdown again running memtest86 so I took it into the repair shop and had them run a stress test for 3+ days and it ran fine. After that I took it home and reinstalled windows on to one of my hard drives (it was installed on the SSD originally). To my dismay the computer is freezing up and shutting down again.

One thing that seems odd to me is that when this happens while running prime95 in windows is that the desktop EXCEPT for the prime95 window is completely frozen including the keyboard and mouse. Even the clock on the taskbar doesn't change / increment. However the prime95 window continues to display a new message line about every minute when each iteration of a test completes. However each message line has the same time as on the taskbar formatted as part of the message. This continues for 15 minutes or so and then the computer powers off.

I now have 2X8GB of Ares 1600 ram and 2X4GB of the same memory installed. However in the bios it appears to be using the XMP settings for the 2X4GB memory only.

Could you tell me what setting i should manually try on pages 63 + 64 of the html version of the manual at this asrock website ?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

I would like to try this before doing an RMA on the motherboard. Also if you have any other setting that you would recommend being different from the default settings, if you could send them to me, I would appreciate it.

If you wish to communicate via PM that would be fine with me as well

thanks

Chuck Haatvedt

Comment

Start by disabling XMP and have DRAM set on either Auto or Manual - start the 8 GB sticks in 1-3 and the 4GB sticks in 2-4, base timings of 9-9-9-24, 2T, DRAM voltage 1.55, and prob the CPUvtt about 1.16 or so. If no joy, let me know your Advanced/secondary DRAM timings and we'll get a look at them, tRFC in particular will be somewhat hit or miss, I haven't ever really mixed 4 and 8GB sticks, guessing prob around 130-140

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X