• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR Latency

Memory: G.skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    CPU: i5-2500K (@4.5Ghz)

I have this memory running at 1866. The only thing I had to do is change tRCD to 10 and tRAS to 28 and it's completely stable. I didn't do tinkering to come up with this, just followed what was listed for the 1866Mhz version of this memory.

However, something is amiss. This is going to sound strange, but I'm getting some kind of unmeasurable latency. I run 1600 and everything is like it always is when I play Counter Strike: Source. If I set it to 1866, suddenly I suck at it (ok, not suck, but my k/d ratio drops like a rock).

This same thing happened with another Gigabyte board whenever I would lower the multiplier on a Core 2 Duo, only much worse.

My question is, is there anything I can play with in some of the advanced latency settings that might fix this? Or maybe somebody knows what the following is set to with the F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR (1866) version?

Here's what I have right now:

CAS-9
    tRCD-10 (9 default)
    tRP-9
    tRAS-28 (24 default)
    -----------------------
    tRC-40
    RRD-5
    tWTR-6
    tWR-12
    tWTP-24
    tWL-8
    tRFC-110
    tRTP-6
    tFAW-50
    CMD Rate-2 (I haven't tried 1, but pretty sure it was 2 at 1600 as well)
    -----------------------
    I/O Latency-2
    Round Trip Latency-38

Thanks

P.S. If this should be in the overclocking section, sorry, please move...

Think tFAW should be more like 24 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I set tFAW to 24 and it was almost back to normal.

Turns out it can run 1T (I really didn't think it would) so I set that and I lowered tRAS back to 24 and all is stable and I got my game back. I wish I could get tRCD back to 9 but I guess I need different memory for that.

Thanks for your help

Comment

May need other timings adjusted, when you get into the advanced timings it can get tricky

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X